So yesterday I was totally down. I am not the type to get depressed. Depression runs in my family, yet I seem to be pretty immune to it...
Over all I am a very happy, always on the go type of person... more of a Tigger than an Eeyore.
But yesterday with the update on Jack, and just feeling hopeless, when 20 days felt like 20 years, I just felt down. Then I went to go to teach and guess what... My car was dead in the driveway.
So I had to call a friend at Drexel and see if he could cover my class, and I went back inside to wait for the tow, and morn my shitty day.
I had to do something. Anything, so I went nuts trying to find a contact in China that could get us more info on Jack, and maybe arrange that a few things be delivered to him at the orphanage, so that he knew we were coming. He could have some hope, something to believe in. I emailed a bunch of people, and two were able to help us. One of the groups China Adoption Help... cleverly named... was able to call the orphanage and find out that Jack is being moved BACK to his original orphanage in a few days.
We are waiting for a few more details, but we hope to send a package to him with a fresh cake (to have a going away party with his friends) some snacks, a camera, journal, and some pens. Also he will get a letter from us that will tell him the exact day we are coming. I am so excited to know that he will have something anything to hold onto.
19 days and counting!!!




2 comments:
Less than three weeks! It's getting so close. I'm sure he would LOVE a care package. But even more than that, I'm sure he's going to be so happy to finally have a family of his own.
Sorry you are feeling blue, but thrilled you were able to get info. I hope he gets your letters! Just a reminder - Alice says Jack makes the other kids laugh (sounds like class clown personality) so hopefully that means he can rise above his circumstances and find the positives whil he waits.
Post a Comment