We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Imagine...

Steve Jobs... Given up for adoption as an infant... Changed Technology as we know it

Nelson Mandela... Parents died when he was young... Changed the face of South Africa

John Keats... orphaned at the age of 10... one of the greatest poets to ever live

Johann Bach... orphaned at age 9... Changed the way we listen to music

Orphaned as a child... 

Watched his parents die

Abandoned by his father to save his life, raised by strangers

Louis Armstrong... orphaned... the father of Jazz

Marylin Monroe... adopted by her mother's best friend... taught men what real beauty looks like

John Lennon... orphaned age 9... taught us how to imagine

Rudyard Kipling... fostered from age 6... took us on grand adventures

Malcolm X... orphaned and fostered... taught an entire generation how to rise up

Jack Motter... abandoned at 6 month... Who will you become?

Isaac Motter... abandoned at 6 years... paralyzed from the waist down, yet walks...Who will you become?

From Incredible Pain, Comes Greatness.  The power to rise above your station and become who only you know you can be.  It's the underdog we root for, the ones who have lost everything, but raise out of the ash...Imagine who you could adopt!  


5 comments:

Yvette said...

Love this!!

Kimberly said...

As an adoptee, I feel blessed to have something in common with so many great people. I cannot wait for this waiting stage of your journey to end and to "meet" your new son!

Jocelyn said...

Kimberly, follow along I promise to update regularly!!!

Melissa said...

I love this!

Kelli Bloomquist said...

I LOVE this!!