We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, August 17, 2012

What is that Freaking Smell???



So I have come to dread the morning ritual.  Walking into Isaac's room to wake him up.  He is at that age where it reeks in his room in the morning.  WHAT IS THAT?  I walk in the room spraying Axe Body Spray.


When did my sweet son's room start smelling like a locker room?  When did that happen?  I had been told it would, told to prepare myself, but my God in Heaven what is that smell?  He insists on closing all windows and doors to his room at night (it's an "African" thing he tells me) this will change when he is sharing it with a little Chinese kid, cause I am going to guess they have their wits and open the damn window when they sleep.  But for now it is a boiling hot nasty sweat shop.  When does this go away?

All this being said once he is awake and showered he smells like a dream, because "the ladies love it" of course.


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry, but I died laughing at the "African thing" line. Where do kids come up with this stuff? At least he's willing to shower. When my younger brother hit that wonderful, smelly, pre-pubescent age, he avoided bathing at all costs.