
I’m sitting in a hotel room in Northern California that costs more a night than most Liberian make in two months, and all I think about is how much I wish Isaac was here so he could jump on the very bouncy bed with me.
I drove up here this morning so that I can attend a wedding with Isaac’s godfather Brad. It’s his cousin Brian’s wedding, (who I happen to know as well). It has been a couple days since I last posted, mostly because I just needed a break. I find it is easier for me not to think about Isaac, than to pine for him all day.
Now that I’m back in the US it feels as though I was never in Liberia in the first place. I feel like it was nothing more than a dream. I good dream, but a dream none the less. I listen to people on the web-group already getting their travel dates for the end of July, and I wonder if I’ll see Isaac again before September.
I drove up here this morning so that I can attend a wedding with Isaac’s godfather Brad. It’s his cousin Brian’s wedding, (who I happen to know as well). It has been a couple days since I last posted, mostly because I just needed a break. I find it is easier for me not to think about Isaac, than to pine for him all day.
Now that I’m back in the US it feels as though I was never in Liberia in the first place. I feel like it was nothing more than a dream. I good dream, but a dream none the less. I listen to people on the web-group already getting their travel dates for the end of July, and I wonder if I’ll see Isaac again before September.
I believe that my God can do miracles, but I also know that the miracle has to be in God’s timing or else it will never happen. God know me better than anyone. He knows what is best for me. He knows what I need, and he knows when my son will home. I know that Isaac will be home in God’s perfect timing. I just wish God’s time was next month.
In my dream last night, my son was the last prince of Liberia, and he was being sent away for his own safety. They choose me to raise him, so he could one day return to Liberia to lead his people. I can’t help but think, if God could use a stuttering Moses, why can’t he use my hunchbacked son.

2 comments:
There's some Moses comparisons in my mind about Spence too. Right after we accepted his (still unofficial) referral, we were in a small group about missions and the Spirit started questioning me about the possibility of Spencer going back to Liberia someday. It was like my highest hope and greatest fear were inseparably joined in that thought. I prayed through it with a friend and released his future to God, but it's still overwhelming for me to think about all that. You're attitude sounds a lot more brave than mine! :D
I have really enjoyed reading your blog, and your journey to your son. He really is so handsome, Congrats!
Post a Comment