We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Still Sick, Staying with the Sheppards

I got an update from Donna. Isaac is still stick with malaria. Melodie took him to the doctor today and he wasn’t getting any better. So they changed up his meds and put him on antibiotics.

Melodie said that Isaac is very weak and kind of pathetic, so she took him home with her for the weekend to make sure he begins to bounce back and to make sure he gets what he needs in order to recover.

This is good, because Isaac knows the Sheppard’s. He got to know them when I was there. So he will feel better staying with them. It drives me crazy not being able to hold him and make him feel better, but I can’t imagine a better place for him to spend the weekend.

Donna said she would update me as soon as she has anything at all to report.

The last few days I’ve been dreaming everything adoption. Last night I had a dream that I was back in Liberia signing the final paperwork, right as I woke up they were taking me to go and pick up Isaac at the orphanage. It was a bitter sweet dream.

I can’t wait to answer the phone, and have Donna on the other line telling me I have a travel date. I never expected to miss him so much. And with him being sick, the Mama in me is going crazy.

Dear God please heal Isaac’s body. I don’t know how much it can take.

6 comments:

Rae said...

Oh Jocelyn! I'm sorry to hear Isaac hasn't improved. Poor cubby. Poor mama! Praying for you both.

Brandi said...

Your sweet Mama's Heart just melts mine! I could cry with him being sick and you being here. I'm praying for you both!

International Mommy said...

Praying with you for Issac, what a wonderful day it will be when you guys are together again.

Anonymous said...

God will heal him and keep him until you can bring him home! Someone told me recently that when we pray, we need to thank God for the answer before we get it. So, "Thank you God for healing and caring for Isaac until his Mama can!" Love, Denise

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I'm praying he is healed soon.

Chrissie said...

I am praying for your little one. Soon he will be in his your arms and everything will be better. I found your blog through the Peterson's blog. Your little guy is such a cutie!

www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com