We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Isaac has Malaria


When I wake up in the morning the first thing I see is pictures of Isaac. They sit on the table where my alarm clock is. I wake up to an instrumental piece from “Batman Begins.” It’s a beautiful soothing way to wake up, but now when I hear it all I think about is my son, thousands of miles away.

I have heard nothing about Isaac adoption, which is killing me, because it means that nothing has happened in his adoption.

I start my new TV show on Monday the 11th. So my life is about to get insanely busy, which will be a nice distraction.

I just found out Isaac has malaria. Melodie says it’s not bad as far as malaria goes, but that it is still malaria. He has never had it before, so I can only imagine what his already fragile body is going through right now. In America we have nice hospitals, A/C, and comfy beds. My baby is in 100+ heat and humidity, without a comfy bed, and me to hold him and promise him he will be okay.

They also said that the other boys say that Isaac cries, because he misses me, which Isaac denies, but he would deny that he was crying when he was doing it right in front of me. So his denial doesn’t surprise me.

I have to admit that part of me is happy that he cries for me. It means that I left an impression on him, that I mean a lot to him, and that he already misses me, which makes me feel good, but at the same time I feel so sad, that he is sad.

So right now I’m scared for my sick son, and want him home, but again I have to have faith that he is fine and is being well taken care of, which I know that he is. I have complete faith in Melodie, Eric, and all the nannies at AoH. I know he will be okay till I can hold him in my arms here in the states.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awful, I am praying he gets hear soon too! So sweet that he missed you, it's more conformation that you are who God has for him!

Dono & Laurie said...

We will be praying for Isaac! I'm sure he does cry for you! I know it must warm your heart but also hurt your heart too! Kojo will be praying for his friend...that Jesus will comfort and heal him!
Love,
Laurie

Brandi said...

I'm praying for Isaac. Of course he cries for you, you're his mama! He knows it as surely in his soul as you do b/c God prepared his heart for you as He did yours. Now, He'll hold Isaac through those sweet nannies. I'll pray for them too that they give him sweet comfort and Jesus rocks him to sleep and soothes his sweet forehead through them.