We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Offically Living with the Sheppards

I got an update on Isaac this evening from Donna. She sent me an email from Melodie, that said that Isaac is going to the orphanage most days with Sydnee and Melodie, but that they are taking him home each night and for the weekends. They have been doing this since he got sick with malaria.

They didn’t send me an update on his health, but I’m going to assume he is getting better if they are taking him to the orphanage during the day.

He is still upset and “depressed” about me leaving, but staying with the Sheppard’s has really been good for him. He loves them a lot and it’s making the wait a little easier for him. Plus being with them, he is told everyday that I’ll be back soon, and how much he is loved. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

I’m still waiting to hear about his finalization. Nothing on that front yet, but then again it is only Monday. Hopefully more to come soon.

2 comments:

International Mommy said...

This is going to be a LONG week!!
Crossing my fingers!!

Lori said...

Joceyn, it's good to know that Isaac is in excellent hands. I pray that the time will fly for both of you. Still waiting with you.
Lori