Okay today is better. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and emails. You all made me feel so much better. Today I got a call from Helen in the Los Angeles, USCIS office. She told me that my I-600a had been approved and the paperwork would be in the mail on Thursday. This was the last bit of approval I needed on the US side.Now I’m waiting to hear from Donna about the finalization of Isaac’s adoption on the Liberian side. Once that is finished they will submit for his passport and will give me a travel date. I’m still hoping that they can get him home by August, but I’m preparing myself for September.
What’s funny is that this adoption has really tested my faith, which is hard for me to admit, because I’ve always prided myself on having a lot of faith. I’m the person who believes in the miracle when no one else does, and yet I find myself second guessing God, myself, and my son. Which when I really sit back and think about it, is stupid. God has it under control. He knows every breath I’m going to take in my lifetime, and yet I’m questioning him on his way of doing things.
I believe I have caused God to begin to quote a popular show “Grey’s Anatomy” and my sister Liesel…”SERIOUSLY? Seriously?”
3 comments:
Hi, Jocelyn...
I've so been in my own little world, but whenever I get a chance, yours is always my first blog visit.
I saw Isaac in the crowd when we visited the orphanage. What a handsome little man. I pointed him out to Donnie. It felt like we were seeing a celebrity. :)
I cherish your friendship, and I drink in every wise word you give me. I appreciate your faith, because it's something that I struggle with sometimes. I fight with God over control, and he's been really teaching me some huge lessons in this journey. Your strong faith is a breath of fresh air to my stuffy way of thinking.
I pray for a speedy adoption. I yearn for an attachment like you two have. You're such a great mom already.
Lots of love to you...
- Amy
Yeah!!!!!!!! Congrats!
-Jamie :0)
Yay!!! Every little step makes a huge difference, huh?! I'm so on pins and needles to hear that Siah's and Isaac's adoptions have finalized. I'm SOOOO much more patient after going through all we have with Spencer, but, I'm a little jumpy these days expecting that phone call. Interestingly, I also expect to hear that something has "broken" (in the good way) with Spencer's process. We'll see...
Waiting with you,
Rae
Post a Comment