We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

4 Months Out


Today is the four month anniversary since I started Isaac’s adoption. It feels more like years. I’m not complaining. I know that most families are just entering the referral portion of the adoption process right now, and I’m waiting on finalization.

But to celebrate, I wanted to be cheesy and quote a song a heard that made me think of Isaac.


I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away

I keep your photograph and I know it serves me well

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

Cause I’m broken when I’m lonesome

And I don’t feel right when you’re gone away
The worst is almost over now and we can breathe again

I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain

There’s so much left to learn, and no one left to fight

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

cause I’m broken when I’m open

And I don’t feel like I am strong enough

cause I’m broken when I’m lonesome

And I don’t feel right when you’re gone away

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang on... it will be over before you know it! Praying for his malaria to be healed quickly! Love ,Denise

Brandi said...

I love the new pic of Isaac! He's such a cutie!

Rae said...

I was just noticing in all the pictures on your site today--the two of you smile the same crazy-big, so-big-it-looks-like-it-hurts kinda smiles...like ALL the time!:) He MUST be your son! :)

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Hopefully things start moving soon and you don't have to wait too much longer.

International Mommy said...

Haha funny that Rae said that...I think that you guys have a "likeness" too! Isn't God's plan just so awesome?? Anyway I hope things start moving REALLY FAST!!! Thanks for the heads up on Hannah Montana-now I am one step closer to being a "hip" mom--whatever that is supposed to be!