We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, September 14, 2007

After Much Ado!


This was one of the last photos I took of Isaac in Liberia on Sunday...

I really pray Liberia doesn't fade away from his heart!

After all the trouble in the Liberian Airport this is Isaac right before we took off from Monrovia!


I was so happy we made the flight!

Chillin on the plane during the layover in Dakar!

Isaac was watching the planes take off in the dark at 5:30 AM in Brussels! I love this photo!

Right before we got on the plane to JFK in Brussels!

I was so excited to be getting on the last flight I don't even care how bad I look!

I love his face in this photo!

Isaac can get in anywhere even the cockpit of an airplane post 911!

He told me he might want to fly an "African" plane instead of being a cop!

On the flight from Brussels to JFK!

Give me just a little bit!!! Isaac with my mom Paula and my 7 year old brother Atticus!

The Clan~Me, Isaac, my brother Atticus, and my best friends daughter Josephine!

Isaac loves my mom!

I love this photo! This is me, Isaac, and my mom! Three generations of Tarquini!!!

19 comments:

Blu and Darbi said...

Awesome pics Jocelyn!! I love the one of Isaac with his backpack on getting ready to board the last flight--he looks so American! :) Praying for ya'll as you both adjust!

Love,
Darbi

Leah said...

So happy to hear that you are home safe and that Isaac is adjusting so well...continued prayers for you!

Anonymous said...

How good it is to see you home!

Sharon

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,
I have never seen pics that document the ride home--too cool!! I hope you're putting these in a Life Book of some sort! And maybe Isaac is meant to be a pilot... He looks GREAT in that hat! Kendra says she wants to be a pilot, too. Maybe they can work together. ;0)
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)

Anonymous said...

I'm all teary eyed and happy after catching up on your journey and then seeing the family pics! So WONDERFUL! I do hope you keep the blog going of your adventures- I love every word and picture. I love the pic of him taunting the ocean:-) AND the family pics of course!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great! What a shining ray of hope amongst all the chaos with Liberian Adoptions right now. I am so deeply saddened by the large amount of lost referrals lately. You look so happy. I love the pictures of him in the cock pit of the plane.

Anonymous said...

I am teary eyed too and I don't even know you and just lurk. How awesome that Isaac has you as a mom. I hope you continue to blog. Your story is amazing.

Christina said...

He is beautiful...congrats again on having this little man in your life.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I especially love the three generations picture. :)
You look so happy!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, so happy for you that you're finally home together!

Jamie said...

WOW!!!! He got to see the cockpit-how cool! So glad he was able to finally unite with the rest of the family!

Angel said...

LOVE IT!!! You are just beautiful together. He is so funny and sweet. I love hearing all the things that come out of his mouth. Hugs! Angel

emily said...

Welcome home!! So loved seeing the pic of you, your mama and Isaac. Praying for your adjustment:)

Farrah said...

Your smile is pretty enough to out way anyway you look...I love a good smile.

Your family is adorable.

Frank said...

Well let me tell everyone on the blog. This boy can EAT!!!. And if you have the opportunity to meet him in person you will find yourself very much in love with him.
I will say he is definately Jocelyn's kid. I saw him sitting, no squirming, no slipping and a slidding and moving around on her lap. He also can give you a look if you say something negative like 'don't run the truck into the wall please?' or... well I won't dwell on the negative but the words came out or "hot mama" J-rose's mouth.
And my niece has become one very beautiful woman and seems to have the tactical mother thing down. I have high expectations for any man who wishes to court her heart.
No resume's needed. I trust her judgement.
Love
Uncle Frank

S and K said...

Jocelyn, You are absolutely beaming! You have the mama glow and you are beautiful. We are so happy for you. Hope you had a great party!
Love,
Katy

Julie Shaw said...

I LOVE ISAAC

Brandi said...

How sweet! I can't wait to meet him in person! When are you guys coming to Orlando?

Brandi

Lynn said...

We are so happy for you and Isaac! What an amazing kid and mom! The Collins Family in Doha,Qatar.