We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Son is So Amazing!

Okay so SORRY for the delay in an update. I have been so busy since we got back, doing a whole lot of nothing. I shouldn't say that since I have been running around like a crazy person, but I don't seem to get anything done. Maybe that is parenthood, who knows!

Anyways, I have no photos to post since my friend Jessica has my camera in her car and all my photos are on that, so photos will be posted tomorrow!

So to pick up from Brussels. We got on the flight to JFK and I gave Isaac a children's Bendryl to help him sleep. It knocked him out, so he only ended up being awake for about 4 hours of the flight. Those 4 hours were spent having the following dialogue.

Isaac "Where's my drum?"
me "It's under the plane"
Isaac "how is it staying up?"
me "it's in the plane, just underneath"
Isaac "Oh, are we going down yet?"
me "no, we aren't in America yet!"
Isaac "are you sure we going to America?"
me "yes"
Isaac "you foolin me?"
me "No Isaac I would never fool you"
Isaac "okay!"

2 minutes later....
Isaac "where's my drum?"
....

It was painful, but so sweet. When we landed he was so excited, but then he didn't believe me when I told him we were in America. "You lying to me?" "No Isaac we are really in America!" "No you lying, this isn't America!" It took an immigration officer with a gun telling Isaac "You're in America!" For him to believe that he was in America!

We got through immigrations in about 15 minutes. It went off without a hitch. It was amazing. This guys came out into the room we were waiting in and said to Isaac, "Congrats you're an America!" Isaac got a huge smile on his face! He was so excited.

Then my mom got stuck in traffic so there was no one to meet us at the door. Isaac got so sad about this, but the minute he saw my mom, brother, sister, and best friend with balloons, he ran towards them. He was so excited!

He has completely bonded with my family. He is blending with my family so well. He loves my mom! We have had a few great days so far. He got his first "American boo boo" He fell off a bike and scraped his elbow. It was so pathetic and it wasn't even bleeding, but you would have thought he broke his arm. Of course it upset me too!

We went to Wal-mart and lets just say that was seriously overwhelming. He had $5 to spend that other people had given him, and I took him to the toy car section. It took 20 minutes for him to pick out the loudest most obnoxious car. But may I just point out that I DIDN'T buy it for him, he bought it with his OWN money. (You know who I'm talking too :)

Isaac is doing really well with meeting new people. He's a bit of a showoff, once he knows he has your attention he just goes to town! It's really funny to watch him dance, since, and drum like a pro! My dad has said it, and I think I can see it too, Isaac would be a great little gymnast. He is so strong and has some serious upper arm strength. So I think once he gets settled and I get the go ahead from the doctor, I am going to put him in gymnastics.

Well that is the run down so far. Isaac is an amazing kid. I have an amazing child. I know that I'm bias, but he really is. He has this way of touching everyone he meets. Even in passing in a public restroom he had a woman laughing out loud!

So I'll update tomorrow with photos, so you all can ohh and awe! He is so cute! Also he is trying to learn how to ride a bike. It is tough. He doesn't get the whole pedal thing! But he is getting there. It's so cute.

Well more later. Love you all, and thank you all for your prayers and support. I don't think I would have been able to do all this, if I didn't have the support of everyone. I have been humbled and blessed by you all and everything you have done for us. Thank you all SO MUCH!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

How funny that Isaac didn't believe he was in America!?! Talk about complete shock I guess! I'm so glad you made it back without any problems! It is great that he's touching so many lives. He has touched mine in the short time I've been in touch with you through your blog and the AoH group.

TN said...

Welcome back to the U.S! I am so happy for you both. What a blessing you both have been since I have been reading your blog. Our Lord is so faithful.

Blessings,
Tina

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,
Reading this post is the perfect ending to my day. What wonderful, wonderful news!!!!!!!! How many times can I tell you how thrilled I am for both of you? I truly am. Can't wait to see pics, of course! ;0)
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)

Anonymous said...

yeah, so happy for you guys! Have fun!

Christina said...

Welcome to mommyhood and welcome to the U.S. Isaac.

Rebecca said...

Welcome home! Glad your travels back home (at least from Brussels) went smoothly!

-Rebecca

Suzanne said...

Congrats to you both! He sounds wonderful. I love it that he says, 'you foolin' me?' to you :)
Suzanne

Denise Nelson said...

Woman Welcome Home!

what is the next step with Isaac back? Will he be having surgery? and when will it happen?

Keep us up to date!

The Nelsons
niecechen@aol.com

S and K said...

Soo good to hear from you guys! Can't wait for the pics!
Love,
Katy

Life in Fitzville said...

Just found your blog recently, and I have enjoyed following your story. Congratulations on getting Isaac home!

Soltana said...

YAY so glad you guys nade it home safe and with no poblems!!!!
Can't wait to see pics of you guys with the rest of the family!!!
Lots of love from Va

Katie Moore said...

The drum conversation is so funny.