Okay so let me just say that the fact that Isaac and I are both in Brussels is a miracle of God. Let me start at the beginning.
Everything was going great. Isaac woke up Sunday morning and said "this is the BIG day!" He was so excited. Then the nerves set in and he and I both lost our lunch together. You know what they say, "A family that pukes together stays together!"
So we get to the airport in Monrovia and the lines are out of control. We wait for almost 1 and 1/2 hours just to get our ticket. Then they couldn't find our tickets so we had to wait even longer. At this point they are boarding the plane and I'm starting to get a bit nervouse.
So we run to immigrations and they ask for Isaac's adoption documents and GUESS WHAT! I didn't have any copies so they wanted to keep the originals. Well of course I can't travel without the originals so I am begging with them and pleading. Finally a guy says "let me see if our copy machine is working." So he takes Isaac's original documents and walks away.
They are saying to me, "we don't know if it is working, if it isn't you can't go!" I literally got on my knees in the immagration hallway and began to pray. They were looking at me like I was nuts. It was aweful. But PRAISE GOD he heard my prayers and the machine was working. I got the originals back and we ran for the plane.
Isaac of course had no idea what was going on. He was laughing all the way across the runway! But here is my next problem I don't have copies for the US immigration and I can't find a photocopy machine anywhere in the brussels airport. So PRAY please PRAY that they can photocopy his documents in the US at JFK.
People don't make the same mistake I did...make sure you have 3-5 copies of everything. I didn't even think of it, and Charles forgot to give them to me!
On a lighter note, Isaac looked at me once he was in his seat on the plane and goes, "mama how is this big thing gonna go up?" When I explained it to him he said, "you fooling me?" He didn't believe me.
Then as the plane took off, the look on his face was unforgetable. He started to laugh and grabbed my hand, then when we landed in Dakar as we were desending, he screamed, "mommy we going down!"
It was so funny. Not to mention him cracking up and laughing at a guy with long hair on the plane, one of our embarrasing moments.
So far the trip has been fine, except for the drama in Liberia. But Praise God I have his original documents and am going to pray my way into the states.
More from the state side to come!
9 comments:
Jocelyn,
You probably won't get this in time to help you, but if you do: Maybe you could take pics of your docs with your digital camera, so you'll at least have the info that way?!
Praying,
Jamie Z. ;0)
Wow, that's some story! We will keep praying for you both.
(I hope you don't mind us following your story, our boys (3 & 5) have really enjoyed watching the video clips over and over)
i love it! The pure joy and innocence of a child!!! you need Uncle Frank to get you through immigration!! Can he get to JFK early?
and, I love!! the faith you had in going to your knees. That's the stuff of miracles happening.
The enemy was trying to keep Isaac from leaving up to the LAST minute...Love, denise
poor thing!! i am praying for you today....
Praying you home!!!
YEAH! You are on your way home. I'll bet he keeps you laughing all the way to the states. You will make it home safe and sound, I just know it.
YAY! You're home if you're reading this! Whoo hoo! I can't believe this time has already come! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!
Praying for immigration. I just love your little man. He is just so open and honest!
Can't wait to hear from you!
Love,
Kt
I'm believing in faith that it all worked out. Look at the incredible way God has worked through this whole thing- He's not going to let this set anything back! I am SO excited that you guys are on your way home- to America!!!! Welcome home Isaac!!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! It's always an adventure isn't it??
You foolin' me??? That cracked me up. So cute. I can just imagine what he was thinking. It is pretty unbelievable.
I am so thankful you are safe and sound. I am saying a prayer for you and your copies.
Angel
Post a Comment