
So this will be my last post from Liberia, West Africa. It's bittersweet because I have been longing to go home since I got Isaac's visa. I really wanted to go home earlier this week but I couldn't get us seats on the plane so we stayed. It has been a very long week, but we got a chance to do some amazing things. Today Isaac and I got to go and get a tour of the African Mercy Ship. It was amazing. What an amazing ministry they run. If I were every to go on the mission field I would go on a Mercy Ship. I don't know what I would do since I don't have a medical degree of any nature, but I'm sure they could find a way to use me. Maybe in my "next" life!
This is Isaac with Buster. He is always working and on the phone. He's a great guy. Buster if you are reading this, you need to come and visit me and Isaac in California. We'll miss you!
Buster is the guy I said in a previous post that use to be the chief of police and security for the president and now works for my adoption agency. He helped me take out my braids! Ladies I know what you are thinking, and don't even. Not a chance!!!

Isaac really like the big ship, but I think he had the sun in his eyes, so I couldn't get him to take a decent photo in front of the ship. Oh well, we tried.
Isaac has been throwing up today. I think it is a cross of nerves and the junk he has been eating. I gave him some meds this afternoon then took him to get his hair cut. He passed out in the barber's chair. It was so funny. The barber was cracking up. I felt so bad for him. He just hasn't been Isaac today!
This was Isaac on the top deck of the Mercy Ship. He was looking at the harbor through the bars and couldn't help but throw me a typical Isaac expression. He is so funny, which has caused me some issues with discipline. He will do something wrong and when I go to discipline him he will crack a smile then start laughing, and when he does this it's really really hard to punish him because I'm laughing with him. He knows just what buttons to push and it has only been two weeks!
Isaac asked me if they have penguins in America. He is in for a world of surprises. He also thinks that in America we have lions and elephants and rhinos in the houses, since he saw the movie "Jumanji" It really cracks me up because it is so hard to explain to him that "shows" or movies aren't real. He doesn't believe me. He says "I just saw it!" How can you reason with that!
I have to say that even though I am so excited to be leaving tomorrow and to be less than 48 hours from seeing my mom, I'm sad for Isaac. Tomorrow his life will change. He will get on a plane and leave behind everything he has ever known. He will sit as the plane takes off and leave behind a life, whether good or bad it doesn't matter, he will be leaving apart of himself behind. He has so many emotions that he can't describe to me. Being an older child he understand so much of what is going on, but he doesn't know how to take it. He doesn't know how to feel. So as excited as I am to go home, I am devastated for my son, who is leaving his behind.
10 comments:
I wish I could tell you those feelings change or get better. Those of us blessed by God to be adoptive mothers can only do the best we can to provide cultural appreciation and education for our little ones born a world away. You already have great friends and support system to help you do just that.
Hugs to you and safe journey home!
Pam
Micah's Momma
RATS!! I WAS all set to say "something" then you blew the wind out of that sail! (He IS cute!)
Anyhoo...Isaac is taking his world with him...his security. HIS MAMA!!!
Have a great flight...we love you and will be pryaing for your safety! Love, Denise
Denise,
what were you going to say!!!
J
I hope you have a safe trip home and that the transition for Isaac is as easy as possible. I look forward to reading about your next adventures!!!
Um, how come "not a chance" Have you looked at that picture??? Just kidding....none of my business. : )
Thanks for your nice email to me today. You cheered me up.
I pray that you and Isaac have a safe trip home and I'll pray for Isaac's grief as he adjusts to his new life. He's blessed to have you as his mom.
Love,
Becky
Have a great trip home...Issac will be fine, and although he is leaving behind a part of his life, His new life is leaving with him... He is a great kid.
Yes, he is cute. I know exactly what Denise was going to say!!! I'll say it for her, you both looked so good together!
Anyway, Isaac is coming to a world of hope and possibility that he did not have before.
And one day, maybe one day, when he's a big African man, all grown up, he will be able to go back to his first home and be a testimony of hope!
Love ya! Yay, I get to see you guys in a month!
Love,
Katy
Jocelyn,
Wow! What an adventure, and what a privilege for us to read as you have shared it with us!! I will be praying for Isaac during this time of transition. I'm so, so excited for you both! I just can't say it enough!!!
Love,
Jamie Z. ;0)
I am so excited Joce! Even though I don't get to see my little guy for a few more weeks, I just can't wait! Even Shelby is excited, who knew. From all of us in your California family we love you and miss you and we can't wait to have another drum session with our Isaac! He will complete our inner circle and I love him!
Melissa
I am so happy for you. I do know how you feel. I was shocked by the intense grief I felt over what Zoe was losing. When you love this person so much their loss becomes yours. He is losing so much but gaining just as much at the same time.
Ummm... I have to concur that he is one nice looking, awesome sounding guy! Too bad he lives across the world. I guess that didn't stop you and Isaac though. :0)
Angel
Post a Comment