We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Did You Miss Us

So I know it has been two days since you heard from me. I have been busy working at the orphanage and have been too tired to do anything when I get home. Africa is exhausting. I have been staying at the office the last two night which Isaac thinks is great. The guys at the office call Isaac "Mr. Greene" It is so funny. He is very well known here!

So Isaac and I have had a couple of really good days. He has been doing great with me. He has been going to bed without a fight and has been listening and talking to me more about his life here in Liberia. My son has lived through some crazy things and he remembers them. I realize how strong he is and I feel so blessed to be able to call him my son.

A few funny things that have happened in the last few days. I had my hair braided last week and I needed to take the braids out. Well I was doing a terrible job of it on the porch and Gregory "Buster" Coleman who use to be the chief of Police in Monrovia and now works for my adoption agency came up to me and asked if I wanted help. So here I am with this strong manly man who use to protect the president of Liberia taking out my braids telling me how he use to do his sisters hair for church. It was so funny.


I asked Isaac what kind of pa he wanted and he thought about it for a long while then said to me, "I want a big fat man!" I almost pasted out I was laughing so hard! (By the way I don't want a big fat man, I use to be a big girl and that would just be too much!)

Isaac is an amazing drummer. I know that I'm a bit bias, but anyone will tell you he is the best drummer in the orphanage. Most of the boys know one beat and the play it with every song. Isaac mixes it up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but either way he keeps going and find the beat. He is really musical. He loves to sing (not really his gift, but don't tell him that because he'll sing louder!), He loves to dance (he is thrown off by his back, I can't wait to get it fixed just so I can watch him dance), and he loves to do splits. Yes my son can do a split. It is really funny to watch!

Isaac is wearing my "Fashionista Diaries" shirt. This is the name of the show I was working on right before I left for Liberia. I miss you guys!

I have been eating fried egg at lunch. They take an egg and drop it into a vat of hot oil. It is so bad for you but so good. For $.85 you get a coke, 2 eggs, and a fresh roll! You can't even get a Slurpee for that in the U.S.

So Isaac is so excited that in 4 days we are going home. He knows his days of the week. Each morning he wakes up and tells me what day it is and when we are getting on the big cold plane to go to America. He cracks me up!

I am really ready to come home. I miss my family and really can't wait to introduce Isaac to his family. I have to say how blessed I am. Everyday my son tells me he loves me and showers me with big wet kisses. There is nothing sweeter than falling asleep next to a beautiful child and right before he drifts off he says, "I love you mommy forever."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

Best of luck to you on your journey home. Are you going straight to NY for his surgery?

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,
I had missed reading your updates the last two days, I'm glad that things are going well for you both in Liberia. I'm sure you do miss your family and friends and it will be wonderful when you are able to be back with them along with Isaac. Take care.
Marianne

S and K said...

My dear, thank you for the update. I have been missing pictures and stories. I have checked this blog about 50 times today, okay slight exaggeration, but anyway, I went to the store, came home, and there was that gorgeous boy smiling and staring at me! I think I feel more connected to my kiddos knowing you are there catching glimpses of them!
Okay, Midge is melting down.
Love ya,
Katy

Anonymous said...

mmmm... fried egg sounds good! I cracked up at Isaac's wish list for a Pa! Yum, twinkies and an egg!

So glad you had a great night(s) with Isaac! Praise the Lord! Love ya, Denise

Brandi said...

Yeah! So happy for a new update! So, a big fat man, huh? Well, that may make it easier! Too funny! I can't wait to meet Isaac in person, he is such a cutie pie!

Love you,
Bran

Sheena said...

all the best for your return journey.

Any chance of seeing a drumming video? :0)

Soltana said...

He looks so happy with his mom!!! I can't wait to see picsa of him home with his family!!!

International Mommy said...

Miss talking to ya!!

Come home soon!! I am sure that I can find a daddy that meets that criteria...please tell Issac I am working on it!!

Did he mention if he needed to have a job or not? (smile)

Love,
Charity

Jamie said...

It's great to have an update! I bet you are both really looking forward to coming home! I'll be praying for safe travels for you.

Angel said...

Awwww so sweet!!!!!!! :0) I LOVE the big fat man thing. How ADORABLE! He is such a character. I believe he is the best drummer. Just the little snippet I heard on a video once was impressive. That is so awesome. He may have a career ahead of him. I am so excited to watch the amazing life God has for him begin to open up and reveal itself. Angel