We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Save me

So yesterday Donna informed all us waiting adoption mama's that passports have finally begun to speed up. They are saying that from the time you submit for your child's passport, you should have it within 1 month (much better than the 5-6 month wait before). Then it will take about a month to get your pre-visa interview. Then it's time to travel.

So if things stay on track with Isaac's adoption, he could be home by Halloween, which my best friend Melissa is so excited about, because she wants to dress Isaac up as a shark (I find this truly funny, all things considered) and take him out to get candy. She thinks it will be fun, to explain to a 7 year old who has lived in extreme poverty his entire life, that he can knock on doors, and people will give him treats.

In 28 days, I'm traveling across the world and meeting my son. I'll be able to hold him, and smell him, and kiss him. This thought overwhelms me.

I have had so many people comment about how I'm saving Isaac's life. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like Isaac is saving me. I don't know how to say it any better.

Isaac's allowing me to contribute a verse.

1 comment:

Sintari said...

I can't wait to hear about your visit with Isaac! I'm so excited for you! I think you're right - once you have him, you won't know what you ever did without him. You're a lucky pair! :)