We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Sunday, April 8, 2007

25 Years Ago TODAY

25 years ago today, at this very moment, my mother was at a hospital in Eugene, Oregon, huffing and puffing, trying to push my little head out. After a few more hours the doctor would roll her into the the operating room, and pull me out manually.

I find this quite funny, because 25 years later, I'm still insanely stubborn, I do things in my own time, and don't really care what you think about it, (for those of you that are worried, Jesus is working on my heart).

The beautiful thing is that, my attitude, can be a curse at time, I won't lie, I can become downright mean, when I'm not happy, but my attitude, has shaped and molded me into the woman that I am. It has helped me in school, career, relationships, and now the most important of all, my adoption.

As of today I am officially 25 years old. This mean that I can legally, as a single woman file my I-600A at the LA USCIS office. I can legally adopt a child internationally, and I can legally become a mother to my son Isaac...oh and my car insurance goes down.

This is going to be a beautiful year, filled with ups and downs, but I can' t imagine a better way to spend my 25th year.

3 comments:

Bingaling said...

Jocelyn,
I've been following your blog a little bit,and I can't wait to follow your journey to get Isaac home! I just wanted to let you know that it is so nice to know that there are other "atypical" families out there. My hubby and I are a young couple (he is about to turn 25, I'm a smidge older). We've been told over and over that we are unusual because we are so young to be adopting. But, I know we're doing the right thing for us. I hope that your adoption journey is swift and that Isaac gets home soon!
Chanda

Becky Avella said...

Happy Birthday Jocelyn!

: ) Becky A.

Welcome to Jen said...

H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y!! :)


JN