So I wanted to post this picture. It's one of my favorites of Isaac. He is sitting with Patty. His face is just so sweet in this picture.
So the update today is that I have just finished my 2nd homestudy visit with Yolanda, my social worker. She has been amazing. I have to meet with her one more time to fulfill the California requirement of 3 interviews. We could have been done today, but since I have to meet with her 3 times, we saves a little for the last visit.
She said that my homestudy is a cake walk due to the fact that it's just me. My homestudy is kind of thin, since I'm the only one she is reporting on as opposed to the usual (mom, dad, other children).
We are still waiting for my roommate Dan's DOJ clearance. Once that comes back (we don't know why it's held up) the homestudy will be done. The goal is to have the homestudy into INS by May 9th, so that it can get approved, while I'm in Liberia.
I'm really hoping they can start the adoption process for Isaac in Liberia by mid-June. I don't know if this will happen, but a girl can hope. At the latest, I would hope no later than beginning of July, but again it all depends on how many adoptions Acres has going.
So I am finally almost done all the homestudy stuff...which means that almost all the paperwork is done on my end. Praise Jesus. Isaac is getting closer to North Hollywood, CA with each signature and notarized form.
No comments:
Post a Comment