So I should be working right now (don't tell Al), but I needed a break and wanted to give you all a nice little update.
I had my last home visit with my social worker Yolanda. She sat me down and told me that I pass with flying colors, YEAH ME!!! But that my roommate is causing some problems. I have come to find out the my roommate has an arrest record. He was arrested at 19 for vandalism, and again at 23 for resisting arrest at a bar fight (all charges were dropped, but he was still arrested).
Because of this, it will keep my homestudy from being approved by the Liberian government. So right now we are in the process of seeing if there is a way around all this without kicking him out. If there isn't I will have to give him 30 days to find another place to live.
I hate doing this, because he is a great guy, and the truth is I sprung this whole adoption thing on him, with no time to digest it all. He has been great. He has stepped up and gotten to all his appointments without complaint, and now after everything he might have to go.
I feel terrible. This is slowing down the process and upsetting my home life. I feel blessed because my process so far has been going without a hitch. It has been speeding along. Even with all this considered, I believe I can still get Isaac home before Christmas this year.
It's just hard to think that in 15 days I will be in Africa with my son, not know what is going on, since all this will still be up in the air while I'm there. I'm not good with the unknown. It doesn't really scare me, it just makes me uneasy. I know that I need to have faith, that it will all work out. Because I know it will.
So please pray that we are able to work this out without me having to kick my wonderful roommate out of the house. I would hate to have to do that.
On a brighter note...here is a picture of me and Yolanda (my social worker)...she was wonderful...and is really going to bat for me, to help get Isaac home.

I love you Yolanda...
1 comment:
Jocelyn~
I'm sorry you are going thru this...this is brutal! I'm praying for your situation. I know God will be faithful to "work it out". He is still orchestrating your circumstances. Pretty soon you'll be smooching those little Isaac cheeks:)
Post a Comment