One of the things, that scared me, when I entered into the adoption process was, "how am I going to do this on my own." Almost immediately God gave me an answer.
I live on the other side of the country from my family (all in Philadelphia) and I'm in Los Angeles. When I told my best friends Melissa and Catie that I had started the process they were more excited than I was (if you can imagine this). They immediately began to talk about their nephew, and how they couldn't wait to shower him with love.
My best friend Brad stepped into the roll of Godfather before I had finished telling him about my decision to adopt Isaac.
I've gotten the chance to meet and have begun the most beautiful friendship with two brothers Keith and George, who are from Zambia, Africa. They can't wait for their African nephew to come home.
I am so blessed to have friends, that are my family. Isaac is coming home to a huge family. It's not gonna be just the two of us. It'll be Me, and Isaac, Aunt Melissa (a.ka. the Godmother) & Uncle Shelby, Aunt Catie, Uncle George & Uncle Keith (a.k.a. Isaac's Zambian Uncles), Uncle Brad (a.k.a the Godfather), Uncle Marcus (a.k.a. Uncle Kiki)...the list goes on and on.
When you have Friends like this anything is possible...
1 comment:
Your Aunt and Uncle in Phoenix are hoping for a chance to meet this little pumpkin. May all continue smoothly. Very happy and excited for you.
Post a Comment