So yesterday I got my medical with Dr. Simon. I showed him the photos of Isaac's back and he said it's bad, but fixable. He said that I should focus on getting Isaac treated at Children's Hospital in LA. He said they are great and are state of the art and cutting edge in fixing severe scoliosis.
So I walked away feeling much better, and happy to know that I am HIV negative, Hep A & B negative, and TB negative...all things I knew, but find it funny that I have to be tested for to adopt a child.
Oh the hoops we jump through to make this happen. Funny thing is I would jump though an infinite number of hoops to bring Isaac home. He's worth every second I spend in the waiting rooms, and long lines. He's worth every sleepless night, and every hour of overtime worked.
I'd get tested for HIV, Hep A & B, and TB a thousand times, if it brings me closer to Isaac. He's my son, and he is worth my life and eternity.
So medicals are done, just waiting on Dan (my roommates stuff) and homestudy and dossier are done. Which will be huge.
No comments:
Post a Comment