We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

3121 Dollars

Multiple Entry Liberian Visa---200 dollars

Plane Ticket to Liberia, West Africa---2421 dollars

Accommodations in an African Nation---500 dollars

Holding your son in your arms for the first time...

PRICELESS

So I just purchased my ticket to go and visit Isaac in Liberia in May. I will be leaving LA on May 10th at 9:40am and will arrive in Liberia on May 11th at 5:50 pm (25 hours of travel time). Then I will be there until May 23rd at 6pm. Then it's back to reality and work...got to pay off the $3121 I just spent.

It's a lot of money, but to me it's worth every penny. To get to be with Isaac and get to know him better, even if just for 12 days, this will help me with the wait. While there I can also document his medical needs, so that I can be as prepared as possible when he comes home.

Also by meeting him, in Liberia while I am there...Isaac will be able to enter the US with an IR3 visa, which means I won't have to re-adopt him here in the US. He will immediately be an US citizen...So in truth, rather than spending the money to re-adopt him, I am spending that money to spend time with him.

It all works out. I can't wait 42 days and I get to be with my son.



1 comment:

Rae said...

I'm jealous again! ;) But, I really am glad you get to go see Isaac and learn more about his condition so you can prepare for his glorious homecoming! Yay!