Today is a weird day...it's been exactly 1 month since I started the adoption process. I can't believe it has only been 1 month. It feels like an eternity.
I didn't understand all the adoptive parents that talked about how the wait is killing them. I remember thinking why are they so impatient...they should enjoy this time without their child, because once their child gets here, they will never be without them again.
Well now I understand. I should be enjoying my time without Isaac...but instead all I want to do is hold him in my arms.
So I've made a list of 5 things I want to do before Isaac comes home.
1. Get my motorcycle license
2. Take ballet...don't laugh
3. Get my finances in order
4. Sky Dive
5. Drive across the country with a friend
It's not much of a list, but for me it's a huge list...these are things that I know If I don't start now, once Isaac comes home, I'll be too busy to ever do. So here we go...
3 comments:
I just added your blog to my favorites so I can follow along with your journey to bring Isaac home. I'm so excited for you and for him!
A Fellow Waiting "AOH Mama"
Becky A.
Hi J! I just popped over from my site--wow! Isaac is one handsome and lucky dude! And your pic is way cute! Exciting stuff! I'll be back...
Rae
Hey, I meant to tell you this when you posted this post a while ago but since you are close you can always come out to Elsinore to go sky diving! We live there and could meet for lunch too. Just a thought since we will both have Liberian kids soon enough!
Blessings, Faith
Post a Comment