I never cease to be amazed how God keeps confirming my decision to adopt.
It was brought to my attention how expensive Isaac's surgery will be. I knew it would be bad, but not that bad. I have insurance, but started to wonder if there was a lifetime cap on the insurance, (meaning they only cover so much). I called my insurance company, and Praise God, there is NO cap.
Then I've been emailing and trying to contact spinal surgeons all over the country, to find out what I'm getting myself into. I sent out quite a few emails, with no response. Then today I was looking into Children's Hospital here in Los Angeles (which my Doctor told me to do).
I found out that at Children's the head of the orthopedic department is a man named Dr. Vernon Tolo. Dr. Tolo is one of 6 men in the world that does an experimental surgery to straighten and re-enforce the spine. The surgery has had amazing results, but the FDA hasn't approved it for wide spread use yet. So only a few can do it.
So to get to Dr. Tolo is a bit like getting to the pope. Everyone wants him, because of what he can do. I felt like I should send out one more email.
I emailed him, telling him about Isaac, sent him some pictures, and the two paragraph "medical report" I got on Isaac's condition. In less than two hours, I had a response and an invitation to bring Isaac in for a personal consult with Dr. Tolo when Isaac comes home.
HOW AMAZING IS THAT. PRAISE GOD. I have an appointment with one of the best doctors in the world.
1 comment:
That's our God! Wow! And right in LA! Only God!
Post a Comment