We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Worthy Woman~A beacon of Light


Proverbs 31:15
She rises also while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maidens.

Now I might be wrong about this, but I don't think God was talking about a woman getting up before everyone else to slave over the stove and cook.  

I think he was referring to the idea that when there is darkness all around, when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, a worthy woman will stand and be that light.

A woman will rise when the darkness falls all around her and be ready to fight.  She'll be prepared even when those around her aren't.  In the absences of light, when you are engulfed in the pitch black, even a flicker of light can be blinding.  It can illuminate even the darkest places.

I believe that God has called us as women on this earth to rise when all around us fall.  When everyone quivers in the dark, he asks of us to stand, to rise up prepared, trained, ready.  He asks of us to be a beacon of light in a sometimes very dark world.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

How very insightful! I have thought of this verse that way!

Paula the Ultimate Mama said...

Jocelyn,
I like your interprtation but...

I also think it means she gets up early and gets a head start on her day to care for her family....
I love you

mom

Stephanie M said...

I have to agree with your mom - but still appreciate your interpretation too! Please know I will be reading your blog these next days as we count down Isaac's surgery with you, and pray for both of you.

Jocelyn said...

Well good things it is my interpretation mom! I have a more poetic view of the bible, what can I say!