As usual God smacked me back to reality when I found a passage in Proverbs that was called "Description of a Worthy Woman". As I began to read I realized that I had NO idea what God considered a "worthy" woman.
So as we count down to Isaac's surgery, 15 day left, I feel this intense need to break down what he say in Proverbs. Too many woman aren't living up to what God expects of us. I know I don't. I've read this passage over and over again and all I can say is I fall seriously short of "worthy".
So here goes nothing. I'm going to start with the first 3 verses since they all go together...
Proverbs 31:10-12
10 An excellent wife who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. 11 The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. 12 She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.
This first section seems pretty straight forward. I have always been a pretty independent woman. I'm an "if you want it done right you do it yourself" kind of girl. But to know that if my future husband does what God commands him and trusts me with all his heart and by having this trust he will never lack for anything is a pretty huge statement. Can all the ladies say "Pressure!"
"An excellent wife who can find?" Talk about a Godly smack down. He knows that what he is asking of us, is a lot, but he also knows that with his help we as women can do it. He knows that any woman who can do all the things he has asked of us would be worth more to the people in her life than all the riches in the world.
Truthfully any woman who could be all these things at once would be a force to be reckoned with. The things she could do in her short time here on earth would be incredible.
Something that I realized as I began to read this is that I'm not ready to be an "excellent" wife. Right now I fall short of what God is asking of me. All that I can do is pray that as I begin to understand it all it will prepare me to be an "excellent" wife to someone. That I could live up to what God wants me to be.
So all you married women out there are you "excellent"? Does your husband's trust in you run so deep in his heart that he wants for nothing? Do you do good for your husband with every breath you take? Is being a partner, a friend, a wife to your husband come only second to your relationship with God? He knew it would be hard but he still asks this of us because he also knew what we as women are capable of. What an honor!
On a side note, last week we raised $740 for our Kenya Project. We're still far off from our $6500 mark, but are trusting in God to provide for us in his due time. If you would like more information on what RWI is doing in Africa please visit our site at Redeeming Waters. If you want to help make a difference in the life of some pretty amazing children you can donate right here on my blog or through the site!
3 comments:
Great post! This is such a great thing to begin working on now. . .it will make you a great wife when the time comes. .
it's also a great reminder and challenge for me as a wife!
Brandi
Worthy? Not even on a good day! All I can say is I try, and keep trying.
I love your blog and am keeping you and Isaac in my thoughts and prayers for his surgery.
I always thought that I would be like you. A single mother. As it turns out God brought a husband and three children into my life before I finally fulfilled by calling to adopt. I love your blog!
Post a Comment