
While you read this post 8 children will die from a water related disease. That's 4,500 children each day, 42,000 each week... 90% are under the age of 5. 2 in 5 children will die before they reach the age of 5 from unclean drinking water.
But we want to help. Have you ever wondered how could literally save the life of a child that you've never met? I think about it all the time. Adopting Isaac made me think about it. I have started an NGO called "Redeeming Waters International". An amazing web designer in Colorado donated her time to create a beautiful website for us that we launched yesterday.
Our first project is taking us to Kenya where we will be teaming with the non-profit organization Transformed International. We will be providing TI with water filtration systems for 5 orphanages and educating the orphanages on water sanitation to help stop the spread of parasites and diseases.
We are starting small. For 2008 our goal is to raise $6500 for Kenya. One day, God willing we can expand to bigger projects, but or now we are doing it ONE CHILD AT A TIME!
I watched last year as you all came together and helped me bring Isaac home. I was blown away by your generosity. I have seen God move in BIG ways! And I'm believing he will do it again.
So will you help us. More than 150 children in Kenya are desperate for clean water. They are asking for a chance at life. One that YOU can give.
$1 will provide a child with clean water for a year. So help us reach our goal. Tell everyone you know. Send them to our site.
You can donate here, or go to our site Redeeming Waters International.
No comments:
Post a Comment