We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

26 years ago today


26 years ago today my mom was in Eugene, Oregon at the hospital ticked off because her doctor just came in and told her that he would have to do a Cesarean to get me out.  I was stubborn and hard headed even then.

1 year ago today I was double checking my USCIS paperwork because I was going to drop it off the next morning to get US approval to adopt Isaac.

So much can change in such a short time.  It has been a year of sadness, joy, excitement, love, brokenness, togetherness, loneliness, happiness, waiting, CHANGE.  It's been more good than bad, more happy than sad, more excitement than disappointment.

I have watched God change me.  Show me who he wants me to be.  He's spoken so clearly to me and made me promises of "all that you know is about to change" and only asked me to trust him in return.  He has put my heart and mind at ease, because I know that he holds them ever so tenderly in his hands.

It's been an amazing year, an amazing 26 years.  Every moment has led up to who I am right now.  The way my mother raised me, I am who I am today, I love the way I love today, I have compassion for those I have compassion for because of the way my mom raised me and God made me.

I spent so much of the last year of my life waiting, and I'm hoping to spend the next year living.  So today I'm 26, I'm a quarter century old.  I get a discount on my car insurance, I don't have to pay extra when I rent a car, I'm now closer to 30 than 20, and I have only just begun to live my life!

14 comments:

traceylynndel said...

Happy Birthday!

Frank said...

Hey J-rose,
Your in an introspective rut. When your closer to 50 then give me the where has my life been and where is it going stuff.
Yeah your mom gave birth to you, yeah, you a year older your one year closer to glory. Get over it an move on.
By the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful niece and I love you very much and miss you.
Nearer to 40 than 50.
Uncle Frank

Sintari said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) :) :)

Brandi said...

What a great birthday post. . you crack me up!

Love you! Happy Birthday!

Bran
PS I'll call you tomorrow, today my face is to swollen!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great day.

Blu and Darbi said...

Happy Birthday!

Love,
Darbi

Anonymous said...

You do great birthday Post!

I was so excited to read your birthday post last year too. What a year of wonderful change. i am sure all the bad stuff was worth it!

happy birthday!

Tanya said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday!

Liesl said...

Your birthdays are a week apart?! That is so cool. Have a wonderful birthday, Jocelyn!

Angel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOGGER BUDDY! Hugs, Angel

Stephanie M said...

Happy B-day!!! Love,S

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jocelyn! Hope that this is the beginning of a year full of dreams come true for you - remember that God has a Plan for your life.

Jamie said...

Happy belated birthday, my friend!
Love,
Jamie :0)

Jamie said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sorry its such a late wish!