Hey all, sorry for the wait. Isaac and I arrived in LA on Sunday morning at about 3:40 AM...I met up with my sister in Amarillo, TX and we started driving at about 10 AM on Saturday. About 300 miles from Flagstaff, AZ, where we were going to stop we decided to go crazy and go all the way to LA another 475 miles from Flagstaff. We drove all night about 21 hours and 1100 miles and final arrived in LA in the middle of the night.
Isaac was so excited to finally be home in California that he woke up and had trouble going back to sleep. It took about two days to recover from the "drive-lag". Isaac is doing so great. He is really settling in. We went to the school to meet with the principle to see what they are going to do for Isaac educationally, and it went really well. They're eager to work with me to help Isaac get caught up to the 2nd grade which is where he should be.
We have our doctors appointment today and should get our referral to see Dr. Tolo at Children's hospital to start to deal with Isaac's back. Other than that not a whole lot is going on. We are home and doing well. It's all so new but still doesn't feel very real.
When does that kick in??? The real factor!
10 comments:
Welcome home!! I'm sure it feels SOOOO good to be there! Looking forward to hearing what the doctors have to say!
Love,
Darbi
When does it feel real? I'm still waiting for that to happen! :) Jayden has been home for 8 months and I still look at him every day and think, "I can't believe he's here!" The same with Micah and Lillian, though they've only been home for a week!
I am soooo glad that you made it home safely
YEAH! That is just fantastic. Very cool.
Yeah, You're finally home! So when do we get to meet the newest Tarquini? E-mail me and we can set up a day to meet up when you have the time!
Blessings, Faith
So glad your home, I can't say when the click comes, but you know, almost the same time when you can't remember how long they have been there. As if they have always been there. You know when you have to stop and think where they here that Christmas?
YAY I'm so glad you guys made it HOME!!!
Yay, you're home, only an hour and a half from us!
Can't wait to see you.
So I think on day you will just wake up and it won't be "un" real to you. Not sure it ever really feels real! I still am shocked that I have Midge.. and she's nearing 16 months.
Yeah!! Praise the Lord! I want to see pictures of his room, by the way. . .How is Isaac doing meeting all of your friends? I know he loves being the center of attention!
Brandi
Welcome home! May the transition continue to go well and may Isaac continue to find a lot of love and excitement. Yeah when do we get to see pics of his room? Please keep up the BLOG! I love reading it! You're already a most loving and amazing mom.
Post a Comment