We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

One Week Home In LA

In a couple of hours we will have been home one full week. It has felt like the longest week on the face of the planet (in a good way). Isaac has been doing so great. We went to the doctor on Wednesday. They gave us a referral to see the surgeon, Dr. Tolo at Children's Hospital in LA. That should go through in the next week or so and then we will set up that appointment. I'm really eager to get his back looked at.

I got Isaac registered for school and he should be starting in the next week or so as well. The adjustment has been going really well. I think we are still in the "honeymoon" phase, but I'm okay with that. He is so excited to start school. I can't wait to see how he does. He is so bright and eager to learn. Do I sound like a proud mama yet?

We went to see our first "big show" (a movie). I took Isaac to see "The Seeker" a movie about a boy who finds out that he has the power to control light and save the world from the darkness. Isaac ate an entire tub of butter popcorn and a large coke (I know what you are thinking, but it was his first movie, it will never happen again ;) He kept pointing at the screen saying, "mama looks it's so big!" At the end of the movie he started to clap.

He asked me when we are going again. I'm hoping next weekend to head down to San Diego and take Isaac to the zoo and visit with some friends!

I can't begin to explain to you all how much of an honor it is to be Isaac's mom. He is so sweet and makes everyone around him laugh. My sister Rachel still has no idea what he's saying when he talks, but that is just her, I'm sad to report his accent is fading fast. He can eat 6 hotdogs in one day, and he LOVES Target and Wal-mart. He loves to put all the lights on in the house and uses up all the hot water. All the things he lacked in Liberia, he really loves. It kills me. One of his favorite things to do is shop, especially for food. He likes to smell his new socks and underwear that he has never worn before. He smells them then says "Ohhh, they're new!"

It's moments like those, that I wish I could freeze time and enjoy them just a little bit longer!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet....memories, how great and blessed! Love, Denise

Rebecca said...

He is too cute! Glad you all are getting settled in!

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,
It's so good to hear from you! It's truly wonderful to hear how well things are going--honeymoon phase or not! Popcorn, pop, hot dogs... welcome to America, Isaac! ;0)
Lots of love,
Jamie Z. :0)

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love hearing stories about how its going, I am so excited for Issac, next time I go to Walmart I am going to be so much more grateful!

S and K said...

Oooohhh, I want to see you guys so badly...hurry, hurry, hurry!
Love ya,
Katy

Soltana said...

I'm glad things are going so well. Love the sock story. He is such a wonderful little boy!!!

missy said...

I just love your little man. Last night Levi gave me the hugest pucker kiss I have ever seen and it reminded me of Isaac and I just had to laugh. There is nothing like a brown baby kiss. Missy (aoh yahoo group)

Angel said...

YAY! Lovin it! Zoe will eat a whole tub of popcorn every time if she can get away with it. :0) Angel

Raquel said...

Today is the day when I am officially going to take off my quiet-stalker-crown and replace it with a commenter-crown.

duh nuh! how does it look on me?

lovin' your real-ness, chica. and don't fret... our "honeymoon stage" never ended and it's been a year and a half ;)

Stefanie said...

Jocelyn,
I love reading about Issac. I often visit your blog to check in and see how he is doing. You are such a great mom.

Stefanie Solt (AOH Group)