We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Week of Firsts!


So this past week has been a week of firsts. Let me start from the beginning. On Sunday I took Isaac to my church for the first time. He was a pro. He went to kids church without any fights and had a great time. Then after church the drummer at our church took Isaac up on stage so he could try out the drums. Isaac is a bit of a natural. He can play just about anything by ear. It's really amazing. He started lessons to learn the basics this week as well. But on Sunday there was a crowd of about 20 people up on stage listening to him play. No one could believe how good he was. I was so proud!
Then on Monday I very handsome man asked me out to lunch. Fortunately for me, my best friend Melissa had offered to take Isaac and Kyrie (my niece) to Chuck E. Cheese. So I was free to go out. I had an amazing first date more to come on that later, and Isaac had a blast at Chuck's. He ate pizza for the first time, got to hang out with his Zambian Uncle George, and got to make a few new friends. On Wednesday Isaac started School. They put him in 1st grade and he has a tutor that is helping him catch up. The teacher came and said that she is very impressed by Isaac and how quickly he is catching up with the other children.
Then on Friday I was offered a day of work so I went to work for the first time since I left to get Isaac 7 weeks ago. Isaac wasn't to happy that I wasn't picking him up from school, but it all worked out and I got to get out of the house. Now that he is in school I'm a bit bored.

Then Friday night I went out on our second date with said handsome man. I was out late (thank God for my live in babysitter, my sister! Thank you Rachel) and came home to Isaac curled up on the chair in the living room passed out. He refused to go to bed in his room until I came home!
So this week has been a week of firsts. First day of school, first day back at work, first and second dates ;), first drum lesson, first pizza, first time running around like a mad person at Chuck E. Cheese!
This week we go to the dentist, schedule to meet the surgeon, and hopefully go to visit friends in San Diego, Katy I'm coming!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Can't wait to hear more about these dates;)

Congrats on all the firsts...that is a lot to soak up in one week and it sounds like it all went smoothly! Love the pics

Blu and Darbi said...

Loved reading this, especially to hear about Isaac starting school and how well he's doing already! You are doing such a great job as a Mom!!! I'm with Jamie...date elaboration would be good for all of us "waiters" who have nothing better to do than stalk your blog.. ;)

Love,
Darbi

Angel said...

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO GIRL!!! Things are cookin for you these days. That is SO exciting. I want details. Love hearing about your sweet little drummer boy. ;0) Angel

Denise Nelson said...

Dear Jocelyn
So excited for you guys! It sounds like Isaac is doing great and adjusting just fine! Hootie Hoot for the dates! How exciting!

Denise in MI

Jamie said...

Very, VERY fun updates, Jocelyn!!! Can't wait for the next installment!
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)

Frank said...

Handsome...Is that all Jocelyn. Does he work, is a bit boring but a bit settled? Does he seem to think he may be dating above himself (a good idea that the gentleman is thinking highly of you and wants to work hard to impress and keep you around)?
If he has something dangerous and exciting that attracts or he reminds you of Enrique Ingleses..Run, Run, Run. Where is your dad's shotgun....

Brandi said...

What a wonderful week! Isaac is doing so well! It's just fabulous to hear about how well he is adjusting and attaching! He is such a special little man!

Love,
Brandi
PS I want more details on the dates! Even in email form if you aren't posting them!!!

Angela said...

How wonderful to not only see him home but doing so well and having so much fun!!!

I can't wait until our kids are home and we can do all these first with them too (except the 1st date part...that may not go over too well with my husband!). ;)

I'm so glad to read how happy you are too!

Joyfully,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I think Uncle frank needs to write a dating manual!! Go Uncle Frank!!!

Go I man on the drums!! lvoe ya, Denise

S and K said...

Yes, yes, you better be coming down. We can't wait to see you! If you come down next weekend, you may get to meet my parents... at least come down Saturday and Sunday!

Loved catching up with you today... I may give you a call tomorrow too, there was still more to talk about I see... had to get to the chiropractor for my aching back!

Uncle Frank, good to hear from you again... missed reading you on the blog!

Love,
Katy

Frank said...

HEY EVERYONE!!!
THAT IS MY GRAND NEPHEW!!!
AND HE IS GRAND!!!

Anonymous said...

That is just fantastic!