
So Isaac has spent the weekend in front of my work computer watching footage of Liberia that I shot while I was there. He has been completely memorized by it. He asked me yesterday,
Isaac "After they fix my back I go back to Africa?"
Me "No you stay in America."
Isaac "But I want to go back to Africa."
Me "Why do you want to go back to Africa?"
Isaac "Because it's my home."
Me "America is your home, but we can visit Africa one day."
Isaac "No Africa is my home!"
Isaac is really a sensitive child. He is always thinking and questioning. He is always wondering how life is going to happen. We are meeting with Isaac's surgeon on Wednesday. He knows that we are and has asked me everyday if they will fix his back on Wednesday. He is very uncertain about what is going to happen, and I really have no way of explaining to him the process that he will go through to fix his back.
I will update once we meet with the doctor. I'm so anxious to hear what they are going to do and when they are going to do it. I just want to get the first surgery over with.
Pray for me this week, I'm starting a new job for the next three weeks editing a one hour special for E! Network. I'm working nights so that should be fun. I'm staying up all night so that I can adjust my schedule, so pray I make it till the morning!
11 comments:
Praying for you Jocelyn! And that Issac would come to feel at home here. Isaiah still asks to go se Africa, "one more time". May you rest well and get enough sleep! :) When you can find time we need to get together too...
Faith
Awwww... poor sweety. Zoe went through a very confusing time. She would throw fits so I would "send her back" cause she was home sick. She learned pretty quick that she is stuck with us no matter what.
Man it must be so crazy for their little hearts. I truly can't imagine. BUT on the other hand I asked Zoe if she wanted to go with me on this mission trip and she said NO WAY. She's not really ready to go back even though she misses it.
Someday I know we will go back together. I am sure we will go many times.
Sweet boy. I will pray for him to find peace in his sensitive little soul. I am on pins and needles about Wednesday.
Hugs, Angel
We will be praying for you this week as you adjust. We will praying on Wed. Update us as soon as you can! The Dr. is going to love that little man! Love ,Denise
I will be praying for your job, rest, Isaac's appointment with the surgeon and his little heart as things are beginning to sink in with him in a new way. Blessings, Missy
Praying that Isaac finds peace and continues to adjust to good ole America and also that the doctors appt and your new work schedule.
Awww, poor little guy. I can't imagine trying to figure this all out like a 7 year old so desperately wants to! I'll be praying for you guys this week. For your adjustment and for your doctors appointment. Please update us when you know!
Brandi
I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope all goes well at the dr...
He is just tooo darn cute.
This is one blog I cannot give you a humorous answer to. This is parenting and parenting by choice. But you have big GOD and He loves Isaac more than you can even imagine you will love him. I will pray for you and him on this. This is a trust and faith issue.
Hey Philly area is "home" in your heart but you are home everywhere in the Lord's heart.
Love and a big hug,
Uncle Frank
Oh Poor Little Guy! He's a little home sick. I am sure it is normal. I will be praying for you both.
I just stumbled across your blog and read the entire thing! I love your story and I love your heart...Isaac is too sweet! What a fun little blessing you have in him! I look forward to following your story as Isaac gets surgery(ies) on his back.
Amy
www.bottomlysandethiopia.blogspot.com
Post a Comment