
So I haven't updated in a while on where we are with Redeeming Waters. This summer has been a little crazy with both Isaac and Charity's son Emmanuel being in the hospital, but even with all the craziness we have been able to raise $2000 for our first project in Kitali, Kenya.
We have become a recognized, licensed Non-Profit in the state of California, we have formed our board of directors, and we have our application in to the state for our tax-exempt status.
With the holiday's coming up I know that family begin to buckle down and get ready for the gift giving, family holiday meals, and sheer joy and insanity of the season, but I wanted to give you all something to think about for just a moment.
Between now and Christmas 84,000 people will die from unclean water in the third world. Of those 84,000, 90% of those people will be children under the age of 5.
But for very little we can make a huge difference! With a donation of $20 you will provide a child in one of 5 orphanages in Kitali, Kenya with clean drinking water until they reach the age of 18.
We still need to raise $4,500 to be able to provide these children with their filters. Our goal is that by the New Year we will have reached our goal...
WILL YOU HELP US?
We need your help. We need 200 people to donate $20. That's 5 cups of coffee from Starbucks, one DVD from Wal-Mart, two tickets to the latest blockbuster in the theater on a Friday night!
For very little you can give life to a child that otherwise won't have one. Please visit our website!
Redeeming Waters International
Or you can donate directly to the right of this post by hitting the DONATE Button. Checks can be made out to Redeeming Waters International.
Thank you so very much for helping us reach our goal.
2 comments:
Wishing you a great success because I know you've worked hard for this!
I also wanted to say maybe you could use that photo to put on a donation card. Then people could give the gift of clean water to a child for $20 in honor of someone! Like instead of giving a gift that person would get a card saying a child has received the gift of clean water in your name!! Hope it helps!
Jocelyn,
I have followed your journey to your baby boy since the beginning. I'm continually amazed and so blessed by you and your wonderful spirit :)
I'm now writing to see if maybe you could help. I volunteer for a group called the Medical Advocacy Team - http://medicaladvocacyteam.blogspot.com/.
We have a little guy in Ghana who is bad shape and needs help. I was praying today and thought of you and Isaac!!!!!
Can you send me your email and I can send you all the info I have on Samuel and maybe you could forward it on to Isaac's doc or someone else who might be able to help.
I know it's a stretch, but I've seen miracles when it comes to these kids :)
Thank you SO much,
Ericka
reeka @ wideopenwest.com
Post a Comment