We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Traffic at 10 am...


So I realized that only in LA can a small delivery truck broken down in the center lane of a 5 lane freeway stop traffic for 17 miles!  And I love this city.  

We have no weather, (this I hate) but you drive one hour away and we have amazing snow.  Drive 5 hours away and you are on one of the best snowboarding mountains in the country.  

In 15 minutes I can be sitting with my feet in the sand on Zuma beach.  I live on a beautiful lake with a huge amazing park.  My son's in one of the best school districts in the country, that has bent over backwards to help Isaac ease back into normal life.  Thanks to all the wonderful Liberals in this huge state my son gets free health care and with over $800,000 in hospital bills this summer, I paid a big sum of $0, not a single penny.  Thank you Democrats.  

For all of California's faults, it has a lot going for it.  I love it here.  My life started when I came to California.  And though my family is on the east side, I've found a home with my son on the west side.  

So there's a lot of frustration when you are sitting in traffic at 10 am and you find out it's nothing more than a small delivery truck broken down in the center lane of a 5 lane freeway 17 miles ahead of you.  But California finds a way to make it up to you in the end. 

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I LOVE this photo!! That looks like such a beautiful place to visit!!

Hope to see pictures of little man soon:)

S and K said...

Don't forget that by living in LA, you are close to some great trailer trash.
And though I am not really a democrat, my taxes helped pay for medical bills (and for H's therapy through CCS)... and I can't think of money more well spent.

I too am looking forward to seeing more pics

SAFAHL said...

I am one of follower of you and your upcoming org and voluntary soical worker interests in your frindship too