We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New York, NEW YORK


Okay so we are gonna do it. Do what you say??? Well as many of you know I am from the east coast. I was born in Oregon, but was raised just outside Philadephia. My entire teen life I couldn't wait to move to Los Angeles. It was the holy land of the entertainment industry and all I wanted to do was get there and live my life.

I moved here 5 1/2 years ago after I was accepted to attend AFI for my graduate program. After I graduated, I immediatly started working and have been busy ever since. It took a while, but I have learned to LOVE Los Angeles and all it has to offer!

But I have gotten EAST COAST FEVER. I have this intense desire to go back to my east coast roots and set up shop there for a while and see what happens. I'm fortunate enough to have amazing contacts on the West Coast that if I ever were to return, I would have a job right away. So really what am I sacrificing making a move and seeing what happens???

I have an amazing son that loves to roll with the punches. He seriously doesn't care if we up and move. In fact the idea that he might be able to chill at G-mom's house for a month or two while I get us settled is almost too much for him to handle. He does a little happy dance just at the thought.

Don't get me wrong I'm not moving home! Sorry mom, I love you, but I'd kill everyone if I did that, but after some encouragement from a dear dear friend, he's helping me find a job in New York, Philly, or DC.

So the goal is to move around August of 2009. Right before Isaac starts the 2nd grade. My friend Al and I are hoping to start a production/post-house in the tri-state area in the next two years, and in the mean time I'm gonna work on other shows to make a living.

Oh I'm seriously scared to make this move. What if I fail, what if I end up back in LA, What if, What if, What if??? Whatever, I look at it this way what's the worst thing that can happen, Isaac and I end up back in LA in two years no worse for the wear doing what we did before???

Not too big a deal in my book! So ladies and gentlemen mark your calanders and get ready, Isaac and I are coming home!

12 comments:

Ericka said...

GO FOR IT!!!!!
Sounds like fun!

Tessa said...

We will be excited to have you on the East Coast ... and "tag ... you're it!" Check out the rules on http://www.jesusfilledhope.blogspot.com/

Molly said...

coming out of lurking since I'm a ny girl! Also, my dad is an editor in nyc, it would be funny if you ended up working with him! If you decide on NYC and want to chat with him or see if he knows anything about open jobs let me know...

Jocelyn said...

oh, MMC could you email me...

Storitelr@yahoo.com

I would love to talk with your dad, NYC is where I really would like to end up!

J

Vanessa said...

GO FOR IT!! You know God ALWAYS provides!!

Bethany said...

What an exciting adventure!!! I look forward to hearing more about it :)

All 8 of Us said...

Keep us posted...we'd love to meet you and Isaac in person.So if you end up in Philly,we'd be neighbors. My kiddos still pray for Isaac to snowboard again every morning we have devotions together--they'd be so excited to actually meet the boy they've been praying for :)

Frank said...

My Niece is moving from the sunny land of fruits and nuts. She wants to head for the city of nuts and fruits.
She trading high taxes for liberal programs for a city of high taxes to bail out liberal incompetance and greed.
What's wrong with Kansas? Oh, that's right over the rainbow from Oz, or the Sierra Nevada's and the Hudson River.
Uncle Frank

waitingarms said...

Oh no, you are moving out of Sunshiney California before we get to share with you the best Chinese food in San Francisco? I guess we will have to plan a visit to New York when "our" Californian gal is all nice and settled. Still praying for Isaac and for those leg muscles to cooperate so that he can snowboard again.

God's best with your plans.

Anonymous said...

Yum...East Coast Food...!! Will be praying for you in the coming months that everything falls into place smoothly!! Love, Denise

Frank said...

Hey
The best chinese food in San Francisco cannot beat the best Vietnamese food in Philly. And are you sure it is true Chinese or a funky Thai-mex-french Scottish Haggis you have been munching on. Anyway in NYC she can spend $40.00 for a $10 platter anywhere else in the country.
Uncle Frank

Faith said...

Oh, I am sad. I know I don't see you but you are close by now and there is always the opportunity to get together, ya know? But I guess once we move, it really won't matter anyways... Hey, are you free this weekend? Jonah might be on fires but the kids and I will be here if you wanna come for lunch/dinner or whatever.
Faith