So I wanted this post to be about how amazing Isaac is at snowboarding...like I mean really, really good! (Katie B. take Fatu and Osobie snowboarding. It's so much better than skiing!)
But no such luck!
Yesterday (Tuesday) I woke up with an aweful headache. I had to get Isaac to a doctors appointment at a hospital in Glendale to have his eardrum looked at. While I was there my right side went numb and my headache was blinding. We left the appointment and walked over to the emergency room.They checked me in and after a CT scan, x-rays, a ton of blood work, and 3 yes I said 3 lumbar puncture (so not fun when they're done wrong) they think the flu I've had for the last week caused a dormant case of West Nile (that I got while getting Isaac in Africa) decided to wake up and take over.
Good thing is that it's NOT contagious. No one including Isaac can get it from me. Which is good, that was my first concern. They are going to keep me for 3-4 days to load me up with all kinds of fun stuff and I'm getting an MRI today to see if they can see the source of the numbness or if it was just a symptom of the headache.
But that is where I'm at. It sucks, but I still LOVE Africa, infectious disease and all.
Well pray for me, since I want to get out of here ASAP. Isaac isn't taking it too well, I guess when you're from a place that when you go to the hospital you don't always make it home, he is a bit upset and scared. I can't seem to tell him enough that I'll be fine and home soon!
I'll update more later, since I have nothing else to do!

12 comments:
OOOOHHHHH NICE! You poor thing. YIKES! :0( I hope you are all better soon. Geez... I am going to Africa in 4 weeks. ACK! NO WEST NILE! NO WEST NILE! ;0) Angel
I will be praying for your speedy recovery! And for peace of mind for Isaac. Take care.
Jocelyn,
Ooohhh do I feel for you. I sure hope that you have great help for Isaac. I would volunteer but i think we should probably meet first!
And, if I have not said it yet, congrats on the new job and wonderful sounding condo. A lot of changes in both our lives!
Someday I would love to bring the kids down and meet up with you. I think that Lil Cowboy and Isaac would have a blast together.
And, thanks for coming by my blog. I am glad that it is an encouragement to you.
Sorry, I forgot to sign the last post...
~Heather at lazydranch8.blogspot.com
Jocelyn, I hope you feel better soon and can leave the hospital shortly! Thank you so much for all of the information about adoption-- I plan to email you back eventually!! ;) Feel better!!
Sorry to hear your feeling bad. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Hugs to you and Isaac.
Oh, Jocelyn, I do hope you're feeling 100% again soon! That sounds like scary stuff - especially the lumbar puncture(s)! YUCK! Isaac needs you, so hurry up and get better! :->
~ Audrey ~
Jocelyn I hope you're feeling better really better soon!! We had quite a few West Nile episodes in our area and they put an advisory out that everyone including children should wear insect repellent with DEET!! They use to not want kids to wear it, but the benefits out weigh the risk!! I guess it works since the ped doctor said the same thing about our upcoming trip to Guatemala with the kiddos!! Hope it helps!!
Hugs
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com
I just posted you were in the hospital. Soooo Sorry! I can't count the number of times I was bitten there and only thought about malaria not West Nile. Oh Lord, cover us please!
Know I'm praying (and I really am)!!!
SOOOOO Sorry.... and poor Little Isaac... I know this has to be scary and frustrating for him. Praying for you both!
Awww!!! How sad! You look rather pathetic! I hope you get well soon!!
-Melodie
I hope you get better soon! If this was a dormant case, will it flare up on you again at some point? I certainly hope this is the last of it for you.
Post a Comment