We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Latest

Alright everyone, I know you have all been wondering what is up since last week and my whole hospital fun!

Lets start from the beginning:

Saturday     -Snowboarding with Isaac (post is coming I promise)
Sunday        -Flu like symptoms, in bed all day
Monday       -Went to work all is good!
Tuesday       -end up in the hospital by 9 am...not sure what I have
Wednesday  -after countless test they find out I have Viral Meningitis (get sent home)
Thursday      -Jonathan has something and I go to take care of him
Friday          - Go to work to edit end up laying on my desk cause I can't lift my head but have                               things to do
Saturday      -feel a little better go back to work to make up for lost time
Sunday         -lay in bed all day can't get up
Monday        -go back to work feeling better again
Tuesday       -TODAY at work writing this blog and making Rudi famous!  (He's in the show I'm                          editing)  Stay tuned to "Flip that House" to see!

So from here on out, I'm hoping the worse it behind me.  I have so much to do at work, and Isaac and I are starting to move this Saturday!  I'm really hoping to get most of our stuff over to the new place, and we are going to sleep there this weekend just for fun!

Isaac is begging me for more snowboarding and a dog.  My little African is so strange sometimes, but hey that's why I love him.  His birthday is in a few weeks on April 1st...if you go back a year you will see the post I wrote to him while he was still in Liberia waiting for me!  I can't believe it has been over a year!  Wow!  Time flies way to fast.  Before I know it I'll be watching him win the Olympics in snowboarding or graduate college!

9 comments:

The Ravenstahls said...

I am so glad I came across your blog! I love hearing about people adopting older kids. I teach folks about your son's age and I think that in general, they are about the greatest group of people.
I also know what it is like to be down for the count, but still have kids to run around after. Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're on the mend. I was getting worried! Hey, I want a dog too... whatya say? Brahim would die! Anyway, so glad that things are going well. Good luck with the move.

Frank said...

Uncle Frank Says,
Hey doesn't Isaac know that snowsports is a "white thang" and he wouldn't understand it.
He should also not get fanstasy novels like Harry Potter, or be able to swim quickly and have really horrible self-esteem because of the racial memory of his enslaved ancestors dragged from their homeland and force to work the land for the man and....wait a minute. Oh well there goes my diversity issues again.

Brandi said...

Oh my, that was funny!!

I'm so glad you are starting to finally feel better!

Love ya!
Bran

mnashif5 said...

I always call Ruby "my little African" too. :)
I'm glad you're on the mend. Isaac is so awesome. I'm so impressed by his snowboarding skills. Wow! You guys are so cool. :)

Sintari said...

Oops! I'm at the hospital, and it looks like I was signed in under someone else's name. That last comment was from me! :)

Angel said...

You poor baby. What a week. Hey I was watching flip that house and I was SOOO excited just knowing you may have helped. Angel

Angel said...

OHHHH PS... I am gonna have to steal that picture. I feel that way constantly. ;0) Angel

steffany said...

You look super cute in that hat:)