This picture was taken in May of 2007 the first time I met Isaac! It was a few days before I left him to come home and finish his adoption...

From the first moment I met Isaac, he and I have never ever been alone. When we met in Africa in May we were with a wonder family the Sheppards. Then when I went to go and get him and bring him home in August we stayed at a guest house with other families. Then we came home on Sept. 10th and my mom and family picked us up at the airport and we stayed with them for two weeks. Then we drove across country and my sister and her daughter moved in with us in Los Angeles.
So since I met Isaac almost a year ago we have never been alone together to just be mother and son. Well yesterday my sister and her daughter decided to head back home to PA and they left California. Part of me was glad to be on my own for the first time and part of me was so sad to see her go.
So today is a big day, (in my mind anyway). For the first time it's just the two of us. There isn't anyone else we have in our lives right now that is with us in California. It's just us.
I'm really excited. I can't wait to see how God pushes and grows me as a mother and as a woman. I'm also excited to see how Isaac changes and grows.
So today is not only God day (it's Sunday) but it's what I am going to call from here on out "FREEDOM" Day! Celebrate with me.
On the way home from hanging out with a fellow adoptive mom this weekend in San Diego, Isaac look at me and said, "I'm happy we are alone." I looked at him and can honestly say, "me too baby, me too!"
5 comments:
Yes, Jocelyn, I totally get what you're talking about. I remember being so excited and ready to be alone with my babies when all of the hoopla was over and family left after giving birth to my bio kids. I imagine you feel much the same way. Although, I don't think I could have handled waiting a year for that day to come.
Missy
Jocelyn, I'm proud of you. . I know sometimes it's scary and hard to be alone, but remember that you aren't! You have a bridegroom and issac has a daddy right there with you. . waiting to grow you in new cool ways! I can't wait!
Love you,
Bran
Congrats to you:)
You guys are just too darn cute...
You've been TAGGED!!!
Glad to see you and your little man are getting some alone time!!
HUGS
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com
I happened upon your site from I dont know where this morning. :) I am amazed...yes amazed...
When I saw the pics of you and of your son on the side-bar, I thought you were his SISTER. LOL What a brave mommy you are, bringing your son home and being such a special mommy to him at your young age.
I also met my son one year ago this week. :) In one of your posts you mention falling in love with him...I so understand. Those moments when you realize that this child that you thought you loved, you are just getting to know and now love them more than you did yesterday and so on. Not sure if that makes sense, but the love comes at its own pace and is sometimes so striking that it is noticable and I love that unique feeling.
Best to you!
Post a Comment