We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Can you say Olympics???

Like I've been promising, here are photos from our latest outdoor adventure.  Isaac is quite the snowboarder.  In fact he is so good that this is his first run down the hill.  He took a lift and everything.  I didn't even do this my first time.  It took all day before they took me up the lift.  He's a natural!

Isaac with his little friend Ryan...also very very good at snowboarding his first time out.  To give you a reference point, Ryan is 4 years old.  He and Isaac are the same size.  They look so cute, I can't stand it!

Isaac's snowboard is as big as he is, and it's the smallest one they make!

That's what he looks like walking up the hill!

Mine is the little black one flying down the hill past kids twice his size.  I am so proud!

Oops!

Chilling at the top before Isaac spanked me going down!  It was awesome!

Getting  little help from his coach KC!

Going up the lift with Mama for the first time!

My son is way too cool!  Look at him...Black men look cool doing just about anything!  They just have this attitude.  Isaac has that attitude.  He knows he's cool.

Working the heel edge!

Stopping for KC!

Isaac's "I don't want to go home pretend smile"

Taking a break on the hill.  I love this photo, it shows how small he really is!

One last wipe out!  I asked Isaac if he knew how to stop, and he said "NO!  I know how to fall!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What energy and adventure! I love these photos. Thank you for sharing! He may just end up liking calling this country home eventually. He does have the cool cat confidence on his board. Wow, the resiliency and fearlessness of kids. What inspiration!

Angel said...

OH MY GOSH! HE IS TOO AWESOME FOR WORDS!!!! I just love that kid.:0) Seriously... he is very cool. Angel

Brandi said...

How cute is he? I love it! I wish I could come snowboard! It looks really fun!

Brandi

Stephanie M said...

Isaac (and mom too) - You are awesome!!!! How did you learn to do that so fast? I wish you could teach me how to do that. Snow skiing on two skis just ain't as cool.

Katie said...

Okay J,
he looks stinkin' good!! Wow! I am impressed. I can't wait for next years powder!
Love ya
kt B