We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

LA Zoo

So we were suppose to go to San Diego this weekend, but at the last minute our plans fell through so I had to do some quick thinking to keep Isaac and my niece Kyrie busy.   We opted for the L.A. Zoo and some fun Lego time at home...these pictures are completely out of order and are not exactly how they happened!

On our way out of the zoo...you can't even tell the kids were about you pass out from exhaustion...zoos are a wonderful way to wipe kids out!

I lay like this when I watch TV!

Isaac kept looking for the Komodo Dragon's wings!

Okay...they really freak me out...This guy just looks like he wants to eat someone!

This Daddy had some of the most amazing colors I have ever seen on a giraffe...He was so beautiful and about 20 feet tall!

So cute...only 2 years old.  I want one!

Isaac and Kyrie watching the elephant eat carrots!

Okay..this guy was gross...he kept eating something then pulling it out of his mouth and eating it again...the kids loved it!

Soooooo Tired!

Next to the orchid, this is my favorite flower!

Running up the ramp...they regretted this later when they couldn't walk anymore!

So like a real man, sitting on the edge yelling down to his woman to help him down!  It was really funny.  The mama bear just layed there and stared at him in distress!

Watching the turtle and the peacock fight it out for some lettuce...it was like animal planet up close and personal!  Did you know turtles hiss???

The laziest muskrat I have ever seen.  He was lonely though...I didn't see any others!

Can you see the wheel in her mind turning even though you can't see her face!

9 comments:

Sintari said...

Oh, I LOVE the zoo! Looks like so much fun. I can't wait for it to get a little warmer, up here in Oregon!

Brandi said...

How fun! We need to go to our zoo soon. . once it get's too hot the zoo smells too bad to visit!

Great pics! I want you to go back to posting much more often!

Bran

Frank said...

A Leg...O man.
Hey J Rose and Isaac,
First of all any true Lego Man would "not need directions". Legos is about making your own directions.
I used to make all types of things without real directions. I even had the Battle of Midway on my bedroom floor. Now if any of you other commentators have no clue about that battle, then I seriously do worry about the state of today's education.
Remember if men had to stop to ask for directions we may never have asked the woman we fell in love with us to marry us.
Could you imagine a nice dinner and he is in that great tux and he leans over an reaches in his pocket and says "I was going to the flower shop this afternoon and I bought this rose. How do I give it you? Overhanded, underhanded, toss in front of you..."Can ruin a wonderful memory.
Many times ladies we pursue love with a total disregard of the directions and in the process end up committing our lives to you and maybe end being very loyal and loving husbands.
I hear some guys on the third wives ask for clear directions from thier divorce lawyers every time.....
I love a staying a good track. So this guy is a LEG-O man.

Jamie said...

Great pics, J! I totally want to go to the Zoo now. Bird of Paradise, right? Oh--And the hot wire shot really cracked me up!
Love ya!
-Jamie :0)

Angela said...

So sweet. I love checking in on you guys and hope to see you again soon.

I personally find zoo's to be just as much torture as camping. I guess I'm going to have to get over that with 6 boys and only 2 girls! ;)

Looks like you guys are having great times together!!!

Lauren said...

What a nice day! I LOVE the zoo! I have this thing for animals, and kids for that matter, I make friends very, very easily. Last time I went to the San Diego Zoo I had a group of peacocks following me around :-)

By the by, I've been reading your blog for a while and decided I would be brave enough to post :-)

I am amazed at God's gift of adoption. I'm the Auntie to a little boy from Ethiopia and my husband and I are planning to adopt in about 3 years. I would adopt now, but we have to wait for hubby to finish dental school. Anywhoo, I tend to ramble. I just wanted to say God Bless and I'm praying for you and your family, especially the new boy in your life.

Lauren Marks

P.S. feel free to visit my blog and leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.

http://ladyofportlandhouse.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

J,
Loved your photos..wow you took some great close ups!!! The zoo is one of the first places we're headed when it gets warm. Fatu and Osobie are going to love it! Isaac has the greatest smile! I know you know this... but wow!! he can light up a room eh?
love ya
Kt B.

missy said...

The zoo is one our favorite passtimes. We always buy a zoo membership wherever we live. I can't tell you how it blesses my heart to see Isaac and Jonathon bonding so well. God is pretty darn awesome.
Love, Missy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics! I am so happy to see all these wonderful things taking place in your life! Adorable Isaac, a new and awesome man, and a new job. Praise Jesus. You look so happy!

With love,

Jen