Let start with the MRI...as many of you know we had to wait two months to get Isaac's Spinal MRI...there was a couple of days when I thought that I would have to reschedule the MRI for another two months (March) due to a change in my Insurance! But God so came though and to make a long story short, we got his MRI 10 hours before I had a change in Insurance. The full Spinal MRI was suppose to take 2 hours, but it ended up taking 3. They had to put Isaac under general anaesthesia so that he wouldn't move, he was a real trooper through the IV, but as they pushed the meds that put him to sleep I began to cry. As his eyes closed I felt this sudden urge to protect him, and I kind of lost it. The Doc hugged me and said I'm not the first to react this way. I felt so stupid. I didn't realize how much watching him undergo the medical stuff would effect me so much. When he woke up his back hurt really bad since he had been strapped down to a hard MRI table right on his bump for 3 hours. His back is a bit swollen even now, but he seems to be feeling better.
My older sister and her boyfriend Brandon came to L.A. to visit for a few days, we had a good time and it was really relaxing. While they were here we went to Malibu for a few hours, so they could walk around in the 65 degree weather, and the kids play in the sand a little bit. It was great...that was the only fun part to having great weather in SoCal is that you can go to the beach anytime! 

This is my sister Rachel...she is Kyrie's Mom and my roommate here in L.A. She makes living in SoCal bearable!
So as I'm sure you are all waiting for this part, on to the guy. I met him on eHarmony (okay stop laughing, RIGHT NOW!) He was the last guy I met before I cancelled my membership...we went out a few time and there weren't really any sparks, but then the 3rd date miracle happened...he made me laugh for 3 hours straight and the rest is history. So don't go crazy my wonderful devoted blog readers, this has only been going on for a month, so we'll see. Oh and Isaac has given him his stamp of approval! Okay you can really stop laughing now!

This is me and Jonathan on New Years eve right after the stroke of midnight!
11 comments:
My heart broke when I read about Isaac's back hurting after having to lay on it for so long. I know you can't wait to have this all behind you. You'll both be in my prayers the whole way. I am praising God that the insurance situation worked out. I know how devastated you would have been to postpone again.
A year ago I would have laughed at the eHarmony thing, but not now. When I consider how many friends, soul mates in some cases I have met through blogging and yahoo groups, I totally get it now. You God works in mysterious ways. I am very happy for you and pray it works out the way you want it to.
Happy New Year,
Missy
Ok, Missy makes a good point. . I guess if we can become friends online then I can't tease you about meeting Jon online either! Awe Man, Missy, you ruined my fun! boohoo!
Loveyou!
Bran
I have two happily married friends that met their soul mates this way. I'm just happy to see you happy. : )
Isaac will continue to be in my prayers and so will you.
Love,
Becky A.
Jocelyn,
I would never laugh about meeting your soul mate on e-harmony. Hey, if it works. I am so sorry Isaac went through some pain with the MRI, maybe preparing you for what is to come? And finally, we need to get together. Name the date!
Faith
UNCLE FRANK...
I AM BACK! See show a guy on the blog and the is this guy worth making an opinion on...Well...no!
I trust my niece and her judgement and I agree with her. It is a month only. Plus, if he can keep up with you and Isaac than he may need a good health policy and medal. I pray you become good friends over the next few meetings.
Aunt Iveta wants to be on the beach with the kids so bad. It is cold up here. And tell Isaac, I think he is still the greatest GREAT NEPHEW (who lives in CA and likes airplanes and drums and hugging) in the world.
Love
Uncle Frank
It broke my heart also to hear about Isaac's back being sore. I pray for you two often. We have a good friend here who met somebody on eharmony. They haven't set a date yet but there is talk of a wedding. It is amazing how you're able to make some great lifelong frienships through the internet!
Wow I was so shocked to see the pic of Isaac's bump because when you see pics of that smiling face all the time you forget about the back! Ok, you'll think I'm weird, but I took a pic of my 2 year old the other day and he was smiling SO big, and I honestly thought "wow he looks just like Isaac in this picture!!" This is where my husband says that I may be a bit too obsessed with my e-friends... ha ha :)
Love,
Darbi
You KNOW that me with all my wonderful blogger buddies will not laugh at you. YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear the next installment. I am so sorry that it was hard getting the medical stuff done but I am so glad that step is done. Hugs, Angel
Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.
No laughing here...I met my hubby on e-harmony (while I was living out in California!). God is blessing you for being such a blessing to others :) You are a great mom to Isaac and I love reading about your adventures!
Um, I think you are turning into a slacker blogger here!
Where's that good old "end of the year" post or some resolutions or something! Come on and blog already!
Love you,
Brandi
Post a Comment