So it has been hard for me to get my mind wrapped around Christmas in L.A. It was 80 degrees today and we are two days from Christmas. I had always hoped that Isaac and I would spend our first Christmas together with my family in Philly. But as luck would have it, we ended up being stuck in SoCal. So I have done everything I can think of to make it special for Isaac. I have been so blessed by him this holiday season. His understanding of Christmas is so limited. He doesn't understand the whole idea of gift giving, he is still mesmerized by the tree and the lights. Everything is so exciting to him.
We ended up setting up the tree right after Thanksgiving. I got crazy and wrapped up all the gifts and put them under the tree about three weeks ago. Isaac came home and saw all the presents under the tree and said to me, "what are those?" I said "those are presents!" "Presents, for who?" "For you, baby!"He sat next to the tree and just stared.
Isaac and my neice Kyrie in front of our freshly decorated Christmas Tree!

We went to San Diego for "Mock Christmas" on December 20th we all gathered around the tree and allowed the children to open a few gift together as a family. Kiwi and Isaac we so excited to get to the unwrapping part of the morning!
Here are a few photos of the McKinney's Babies...Katy and Scott are so blessed!

Beautiful Haddie Girl...she is one of the most beautiful African girls I have ever met. She went nuts for the Mega Blocks...

Cephas in all his glory. He kills me, he always has a smile on his face!

Midge is hands down my favorite white girl right now. She is so cute! She takes it all with a smile...
Little Jedidiah Romeo. When he smiles it lights up the room. He melts my heart with his hugs and kisses. It's hard not to just love this little boy.
Here is Isaac working the new practice drum pad he got for "Mock Christmas"...it was the best idea I've had since becoming a mama. It gives him all the benefits of a real drum, with half the sound. Thank you for technology. My house is so loud right now!
This was the first gift Isaac opened on Christmas morning. He loved that the puzzle was a giraffe! Nice call mom!
Charity, Isaac loved the transformer. He is so into helicopters right now, it was a huge hit!
Isaac opening another movie! He has quite the collection now! Anything I can do to stop Isaac from watching "Harry Potter 2" and "Jumanji" for the gazillionth time, is worth a shot!
Here is Isaac working the new practice drum pad he got for "Mock Christmas"...it was the best idea I've had since becoming a mama. It gives him all the benefits of a real drum, with half the sound. Thank you for technology. My house is so loud right now!
This was the first gift Isaac opened on Christmas morning. He loved that the puzzle was a giraffe! Nice call mom!
Charity, Isaac loved the transformer. He is so into helicopters right now, it was a huge hit!
Isaac opening another movie! He has quite the collection now! Anything I can do to stop Isaac from watching "Harry Potter 2" and "Jumanji" for the gazillionth time, is worth a shot!
Isaac rocked the new PJ's and the bear slippers!

He was so excited he had his own robe, he was hugging himself!
The Greatest gift of all was getting to watch the sheer joy and excitement as Isaac opened his gifts. God gave me the ultimate gift this year. He gave me Isaac. Through all the trials, all the good and all the bad. I got the greatest gift of all. A boy that has taught me what real love is. To love without limits, something I though I knew until Isaac showed what it really is. I have been so blessed to have had him in my life for even this short time, I can't wait to see what I learn in the coming year.
7 comments:
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas with Isaac. He is sooo cute.
Wonderful. Precious. Amazing. Merry Christmas. Love, Angel
Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas together! He's such a handsome boy! Thanks for sharing with us.
What a wonderful first Christmas with your little man. There's nothing like the excitement of a child during Christmas. I am so happy that your parents are adopting from Liberia too. I know you must be just thrilled. Have a great new year.
Love, Missy
How amazing!! The pics are wonderful and so is your sweet Mama's heart!
Love to both of you! Can't wait to meet you in '08 and see what God has in store!
Love ya,
Bran
It looks to me like you're having waaay too much fun down there in California!! ;0) I'll be right over!
And where did you get the giraffe puzzle? I love it!
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)
Hey, where are you?
Suzanne
Post a Comment