We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The VERDICT---Lets all do a Happy Dance!

Okay so now the moment that you all have been waiting for!


Isaac had his MRI on Dec. 31, 2007.  Yesterday we went to see Dr. Tolo at CHOLA (Children's Hospital of Los Angeles) to find out what there was to know!  Dr. Tolo came and informed me that he doesn't know how this is possible, but Isaac's spinal cord is completely intact!  There is no damage to his spinal cord and there is plenty of room for the doctors to go in and place the hardware that will be needed to fix his spine.

He will NOT need traction!  Dr. Tolo said that he can fix Isaac in ONE surgery.  Also he said that because of the great condition in which Isaac's spinal cord is in, they are going to take another look in 6 months (July 2008) and as long as he isn't showing any signs of continued curving they are going to wait until June of 2009 to do his surgery.  They want to allow him to grow naturally as much as possible so that he has less height loss when the surgery locks a portion of his spine into place. 

So we are super excited.  Isaac is going to be able to stay in school and not miss any time, and he is allowed to play any sports he wants.  He is really excited about this since Jon and I are taking him snowboarding at the end of February.  

He also got to take his first ride on a four-wheeler!  Our neighbor bought a child size quad for his six year old and Isaac got a chance to take a ride.  He is so excited that he can just be completely normal and not worry about fixing his back at this time.

On another note, please keep my job situation in your prayers.  I have not been able to find steady work as a TV editor since I came home with Isaac.  I have had a few small jobs that have added up to a total of about 4 weeks of work in 4 months.  I have at this point blown through my saving and we are running on fumes.  So please keep my situation in your prayers, I'm asking and expecting God to come through in the coming few weeks with a job!
But Praise Be to GOD, that we have had a great report from the doctors, now we have a few things to deal with at his school, and we are good to go.  Thank you all for your continued prayers and more to come soon!

And here is a sassy little photo I took with my new MacBook Pro!  (Thank you Jesus for renter's insurance covering broken laptops!)

18 comments:

From Five to Eight said...

What amazing news about Isaac's back! To think you started your adoption with the "unknowns" of what it could mean...willing to trust God. And it turned out better than anyone could have imagined!
Teresa

Christina said...

Amen and Praise the Lord on the awesome news about Isaac.

Sending a huge prayer your way that work is within your reach.

Angie said...

That is absolutely the most wonderful news! Thanks be to God!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Melodie

Anonymous said...

Joselyn,

I just wanted to let you know that I check your blog daily and have prayed for you and Isaac since before you brought him home. I am so excited to hear how God has kept Isaac safely and protected his back.
Thank you for sharing your stories with us. I long to adopt some day from Africa and reading your story has been so inspirational. Praying for God's provision and a job for you. Blessings, Jodi

Anonymous said...

that is fantastic! you two are in my thoughts!
- monica

Amber G. said...

Praise God, Jocelyn! What a GREAT way to start out the year. I know how much it means to get a good report from the doctor -- we're just praying that the report on Henry will be as encouraging!
God is good.

I'll say a prayer for work to come in SOON!!!

Amber

Brandi said...

Praise the LORD! That is awesome news! Yeah! I'm so glad for Isaac to get more time to continue adjusting before having to be in the hospital for an extended period. .. that's so good for him, I'm sure!

Love you,
Bran

Liesl said...

That is such great news about Isaac! I will be praying for your job situation. My sister-in-law works as a script supervisor in that industry (in LA, too!)...would you mind if I passed your info on to her? She is well-known and respected and knows lots of people.

Let me know...my blog is:
www.irwin-update.blogspot.com

God bless you!
Liesl

Angel said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! I am soooo happy. What a miracle boy you have there. This is just the greatest news. Happy dancing with you. I will say a prayer for your job situation. Hugs, Angel

Soltana said...

YAY what great news for Isaac!!!


LOVE the dance !!!

Jana said...

That is absolutely wonderful. Praise God!

Jamie said...

How I'm just reading this NOW is beyond me! God is SOOOO good!!!!! What an amazing testimony Isaac will have to tell!

I'll be praying about the job situation.

Katie said...

CELEBRATING WITH YOU!!!!
Praise Jesus!!!
Katie B.

Jamie said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so happy to hear the GREAT news about Isaac's back!! Whoo hooo!!!
Love you,
Jamie :0)

Anonymous said...

Brahim and I got all happy watching Isaac dance. O' the joy that is spread! The news is beautiful too. A miracle really...

Vanessa said...

What amazing news!! God is really good to those who have faith in Him!! Praise the Lord for the great news on Isaac!! Keep the faith and He will lead you to a job as well!! I have faith!!
Hugs
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

Global Girl said...

I'm so amazed by your story. I'm just in awe.