We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So it has been a slow few weeks. We have been spending our last two weekends down in San Diego with the McKinney's! Isaac loves hanging out with Cephas.

Isaac has been doing so well in school. He knows all his letters and the sounds they make. This is huge in his quest to learn to read. He's spending half of each day in Kindergarten and the other half in 1st grade. I've seen a huge difference in his learning since they started splitting the day for him.
He's riding his bike like a pro (see post below) and loves to play basketball! Isaac feels that basketball is a contact sport so he plays with his bike helmet on...

He also has a new found love for bowling. He's so funny because he insists on using a ball that's about 14 pounds. So he drops that ball and watches it ever so slowly go down the lane. It's like watching water boil.On December 6th we celebrated St. Nicolas day a.k.a "stocking day". It's the day we open our stocking. Isaac was so excited there were gifts in there. He got more and more excited the deeper he dug.We've got our tree up (more photos to follow). Isaac loves it. He just stares at all the lights, and was so excited to get to put his very first ornament up on the tree.

Isaac had his Christmas program at school today. He walked out on stage looking like Michael Jackson. I bought him winter gloves and he never takes them off. It was so funny. He was busting a grove on stage. I was so proud!

9 comments:

Frank said...

Hey, I'm first to respond this time. Well, my nephew is showing some signs of eccentricity and unique weirdness. Sounds like he is a TARQUINI.
I like the St Nikolas Day tradition. Is this a holiday observance in Liberia or did you pick it up somewhere.
Tell him we love to take him out bowling when we see him in person soon. And I saw you show last night. I might get hooked on this one like I am to Ghost hunters.
Love Uncle Frank

Blu and Darbi said...

LOL That boy's smile just makes me smile no matter what mood I'm in when I look at your blog.. :)

Love,
darbi

Angel said...

HE IS SO AWESOME! That kid is such a character. I love hearing all about him!!! Angel

Anonymous said...

"Billy Jean..at my door" ohmy...that dates me....love, Denise

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! I love seeing the adopted kids doing all the fun things kids in the states get to do!

-Melodie

Suzanne said...

I laughed out loud at the picture of him wearing a bike helmet for basketball. What a little character! You two are so luck to have found each other!
Suzanne

Soltana said...

SOOO cute!!! Love the helmet with bball!! He is funny!!

Have a great weekend

Jamie said...

Ha ha haaaa! I LOVE the helmet-clad basketball playing!! ;0)
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)

Brandi said...

Total Micheal Jackson! too funny! Great pics, by the way! He is such a ham! I can't wait to meet him one day!

Love ya,
Bran