
So already just from the title of this blog post some of you are thinking "what?" The conservative people are closing out of my blog and the "glogger" out there are excited because who knows what this blog is about. (if you want to know what a "glogger" is check out my friend Brandi's blog at http://www.homehopeandfuture.blogspot.com/)...
Anywho back to the topic of conversations. It has been an interesting first three months as a new single mom. I have learned that my son always say exactly what's on his mind and doesn't care if it's PC...Bill Maher would love my son!
The other day I was working out at home. I got on my IronMan Elliptical and started my hour long cardio session. Isaac was staring at me for about 5 minutes. Then out of no where he says to me "Mama you're getting fat!" He didn't laugh, he didn't smile. He was dead serious. I looked down at my not-so-toned lack of abs and immediately raised the resistance and went an extra 25 minutes just for good measure.
Then the other night I was laying in bed with Isaac, right on the verge of falling asleep he looked at me with a very concerned look and said to me, "Mama why don't you have a man in your bed?" I of course thought he has to be joking! But when I looked at him, he wasn't joking. He proceeded to tell me how in Africa woman always have a man in their bed. He was genuinely concerned that I didn't have one.
I did my best to explain that until I get married I won't have a man in my bed. That for now he is the only "man" I'm going to share my bed with (Isaac crawls into bed with me every morning right around 2 A.M.)
After a very confusing couple of minutes of trying to explain to my 7 year old why I won't have a man in my bed, he asked me how I would ever find him a "white Pa" (Isaac assumes my man will be white, because I'm white...I have to many other things to explain so I just let this slide!)
I looked at him and said, "Isaac one day God will send you and me both our "Pa" and when we meet him we will know right away that it's him, and after we get married he will be the man in my bed." Isaac looked at me, wrapped his arms around my neck and snuggled up to me and said, "Till Papa God gives you and me a Pa, I will be the only man in your bed, but when Papa God gives you and me a Pa, I will sleep with you only sometimes!"
So there you go...I answered the "why don't you have a man in your bed question"! Now I should be able to find a way to create world peace!
18 comments:
LOL!...gotta love kids!
This should be recorded in the Momma hall of fame - what an awesome answer and an awesome response from your little sweetie!!!
Ha ha haaaaaa!! I'm so glad Micah is only 8 months, and can't voice such things just yet... You're definitely the woman for the job, Jocelyn! Keep up the good work, Mama!!
Love,
Jamie :0)
Could he BE any cuter??? I swear. Oh yeah... I just love the kid bluntness thing. ;0) BUT it's what make their love so meaningful. It is so raw and real. I need to get on that machine myself right now. Nothing toned about these abs. Hee hee.. Angel
I bet there is never a dull moment in your house with that little guy. He is precious.
I think I might just wear a smile all day long from this one. How precious. What a special man that is going to be. Can't wait to see who God has for the two of you.
Love, Missy
So precious!!!
By the way, you could definitely be a glogger!
Brandi
Ha! I love his honesty! How great to have a child that is open...about everything!
-Melodie
Jocelyn, how can I sign up for "Now that we're home"? Thanks
Denise in MI
That is hilarious! You did a great job answering his question!
lol Too funny Jocelyn! :) That boy is sooooo cute!!!!
Love,
Darbi
love the picture...
mom
Priceless! I may wear a smile all day long after that story too:-)
So stinkin funny. I needed a laugh.
I absolutely love this story! SO sweet :)
This is great! You handled the coversation so well with him, also :)
What a tribute to you that he feels such a comfort level already in asking the questions!
SR
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Jocelyn,
Very cute story. I am ready to meet your little man (in your bed) Isaac whenever you have time! Of course it would be easiest on me for us to meet at my house but we can meet somewhere in between to if you want to. The best days for us are Friday, Sat, Sun afternoon and Monday. Let me know a good day and we'll make it a date. Maybe the McKinney's can come too? Just a thought but maybe we can do that another time.
Faith
Post a Comment