Can you put a price on it? I can. $27,000.
$27,000 it feels like a large number, but really it's so small if you see what it is going towards. A life for $27,000.
Since we started our home-study in October 2011, I started working two jobs. Any freelance editing work I could get, I took. Every one of those paychecks went into a savings account that we never touched for the adoption. As of last week we had earned and saved $21,500. We had paid our fees on time, and prayed that the rest would come in.
Then this miracle happened. The final $5500 started coming in from all over the world. We have had donations from Europe, Asia, Canada, and the US. We are within $135 of being at our goal of $27,000.
That is what a child's life is worth.
This makes me sad. I wish I could say it was "worth" so much more, we couldn't afford it if it was, but it makes me sad, that a life "Saved," for $27,000. You would think it would be more.
Thank you to everyone around the world that has donated to help us bring our son home. We are pretty much there, and I can honestly say the weight of the world has been lifted off our shoulders. We will be leaving in 48 days to get our son. There will be one less orphan, one less death, one less.
In case you missed it... here is the video one last time.
No comments:
Post a Comment