We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Headaches and Thanksgiving!

So I'm sitting here at work with a headache that might just split my head in two like something out of a graphic novel. Needless to say I can't look at my editing system with it's moving images at this moment, so I thought I would try and type away the pain.

A lot has happened since my last post, I had the grand and amazing privilege to have my best friend and 3 of her children descend upon my 2 bedroom flat for Thanksgiving. Charity arrived Wednesday afternoon, and we somehow managed to keep all the kids busy, eat a ton of food, and enjoy our misery together for the holidays, and we did it on a mad budget (photos to be posted post hast...)

Isaac has finally begun his physical therapy once again. His new therapist, is amazing, and we love her so much. They are really working on his strength trying to naturally straighten the left foot which has curled and curved the wrong way. He'll be receiving a new brace called a KFO for his left leg which will extend over the knee so that he can't lock his knee when walking (think Forrest Gump!)

He's moving really well, and when we went to visit with Faith and her crew before Thanksgiving, I got to watch Isaac ride a scooter for the first time in 5 months. It was an amazing sight. He is doing really well despite the issues with his left foot!

We will be heading home for 10 days in less than 2 weeks, and we can't wait to spend some time with friends and family on the east coast, and of course dream about our big move, which is going down the second week of June. Oh it can't come soon enough!

Well headache or not, I need to get something done before I leave. I'll post some Thanksgiving photos soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how fun! Hope you're headache goes away...Kate's sick here. She has a bad headache too. So glad you could spent Thanksgiving with the whole gang! Love, Denise

Bethany said...

I'm glad you and Isaac are doing well! What a fun Thanksgiving...have fun at home for Christmas!!

steffany said...

I bet Thanksgiving rocked at your house this year. Tell Isaac the Boster's say, "Hi"!