We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Small Miracle??? Dare I Say???

5 months ago Isaac came out of spinal surgery unable to move even a toe. He was classified as a paraplegic. One of my first thoughts didn't go to the fact that he may never walk again, it went to the truth that he may never snowboard again, something he and I both fell deeply in love with last year.

Today we went for the first time since his surgery... I think the video speaks for itself!




Isaac's Ski Instructor from last year... thankfully he didn't hold it against us that we switched to snowboarding!
Isaac and his coach Britney!
Taking a little breather at the end of the day... Isaac did 13 runs!!!

10 comments:

jena said...

That just made me cry. Amazing, beautiful, awesome... WOW!!!! What a great day!

Mindy said...

That is so awesome seeing him doing something you both love again. I love watching his progress and seeing the smiles on both of your faces!

Hugs,

Mindy

missy said...

I don't think there will ever be anything this kid of yours can't do. He's amazing.

Tessa said...

AWESOME!!! How cool is that?

Faith said...

So, so, so amazing! What a guy that boy is! Tell him we are so proud of him over here in the Winger house.

Cindy said...

WOW Isaac!! That is fantastic. great job!

What a blessing--what a kid!

Ericka said...

Amazing.
What a journey Jocelyn.
Great job momma and Isaac :)

Vanessa said...

You go little man!!! AMAZING!!

Heart and Hands said...

this is the first time snowboarding has made me cry. HUGE miracle. i loved your post about how snowboarding made you feel close to God. Seeing that video makes me believe in miracles. Isaac to you. Isaac well and getting more whole all the time. Keep it up! I'm cheering for you both!

all the best,
christin

All 8 of Us said...

My kids and I were thrilled to see this post as we have prayed specifically that the Lord would enable him to snowboard again soon!!
Yeah, Isaac...Yeah God!!