Reason #1 why today is a big day. 365 days ago a plane landed at JFK airport at 5:10pm PST. This plane was carrying an excited yet slightly terrified new mama and her beautiful 7 year old African son. When the plane hit the ground, that little African instantly became an American (the mother vowed she would never let him forget his roots.)
In less than 7 minutes and a slight walk through immigration the boy was handed a piece of paper and was told "Welcome to America son, you are now an American" the mother was overjoyed.
With a promise from the mother's family that they would be waiting in the baggage area to welcome the new little American to the family, the new little American was crushed when G-ma called to tell him that she was stuck in traffic on a bridge trying to get to JFK. So the new mother and her son waited and waited... the mother trying to explain to the new little American why G-ma would be so late... then they arrived with balloons in hand, and like something out of a movie the little boy saw his G-ma and with arms stretched wide open he ran across the waiting area and hugged his G-ma for the very first time, and the mother knew in that moment that her son was finally home.
Of course not only was my mom late to our homecoming but no one took a single picture. Seriously mom... come on... I'm just kidding... no, no I'm not... yeah I am...
To be honest August 24th is our real day... it's our "family day" the day Isaac and I were officially together... Sept. 10th was simply a formality, but an important one!
Reason #2 not quite as exciting, but equally as fun... Today I have declared myself available for the whole dating thing again. You read it right men... I'm back on the market and taking applications... Ladies if you know anyone, hook a sister up. I figure Isaac has been home for a year, lets get this party started.
So today is "gotcha day" and "Back on the market day" how could I forget... Thank you my friend for reminding me!
6 comments:
Happy 1 year home Isaac and happy hunting for the "right" man to you.
i tried jocelyn!
julie
Happy Anniversary!!! What a year it has been, eh? I'll keep my eye out for sweet and single and send 'em your way if I find any.
Happy anniversary to you and Isaac. Your experiences in the last year are more than most people have in a lifetime! You both are teaching others to be fearless when loving and to embrace life to the fullest!
-I know someone who is available-
Ha-!
Charity
Happy one year since homecoming Isaac and Mom!! I mailed off the package last week , Jocelyn so 'Flat Stanley" will be making his debut on the West Coast :)!!
Blessings,kathi
Post a Comment