We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Good and Sad

This week has been one of ups and downs.  I'll start off with the sad.  

Early Friday morning my grandfather passed away.  He was an amazing man that I loved so much.  When I think of him, I think of one word.  Noble.  He was the definition of the word.  He was the kind of man kings were made of.  He was a wonderful father, a loving and devoted husband, an amazing lawyer, a spectacular grandfather, and the most incredible great-grandfather.

These photos were the last time Isaac and I saw him.  He was so accepting, and so in love with Isaac.  From the moment he knew of him he accepted him as a Tarquini and as the patriarch of our family there was no greater honor.  Isaac loved him and I am so happy he had the opportunity to know him, hug him, and see he was loved by him.


On to the good.  We met with Isaac's surgeon, Dr. Tolo and he will be having his spinal surgery either in June or July this summer (they are going to call me to tell me which Friday will be his day).  Isaac will be in surgery for 7-8 hours, in ICU for 1-2 days, then in the hospital for 5-7 days.  He'll be on "home" recovery for 3-4 weeks, and will be snowboarding by Thanksgiving.  He'll be having surgery at Children's Hospital in Los Angeles.

So that has been our week.  It's been happy and sad, up and down, left and right.  But it's over now.  So next week I'm praying will be better.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met your very kind and loving grandfather. It is a great loss but his great influence will obviously live on. Keep us posted on the date of the surgery, I can do some long distant healing at the same time...

Tanya said...

I am so sorry for your and Isaac's loss.

Katie said...

J,
Sorry to hear about your grandpa.I have a special place in my heart for grandparents, mainly because my grandmother helped raise me.
Isn't it such a treasure to have had the opportunity of Isaac meeting him? Praying for your family.
KT B.

Jennifer said...

So sorry for your loss. But so glad that Isaac was able to know him. Will keep you both in my prayers.

Melodie said...

So sorry Jocelyn and Isaac! Man...and he looked so young still...

Yay for Isaac's surgery! This is sooner than expected, right?

Give that boy my love!

Stephanie M said...

I am very sorry about your Grandpa. And will be praying for Isaac and his surgery.

From Five to Eight said...

I am sitting reading your blog with Marie and Isaac Garlayma. We want to tell you and Isaac how sorry we our you lost your grandpa.
Teresa

Misi said...

jocelyn,
i stalk your blog but today i wanted to say i will be praying for your family. be strong my sister in Christ for He is Good and Faithful.
In Christ,
misi

Jamie said...

Up and Down is right! I'm so sorry for your loss, and yet so thrilled to hear about Isaac's pending surgery-- snowboarding in the fall!? Wow! ;0)
Love you,
Jamie :0)