So you are probably thinking, what the hell does that mean. Well OOT (out of Translation), yes we adoptive parents put initials to everything so we don't have to write/type it out every time. OOT means that our dossier (which is our giant pile of paperwork) that was sent to China has been translated into Mandarin and sent to the office where they will look at it all and approve us to adopt Jack.
We were out of translation on day 50 of the LOA (letter of acceptance) wait. This is pretty average at this point. Now the cool thing is that once we get LOA, we should be able to travel within 10 weeks or so. The last few families with WACAP to get their LOA got it 14-18 days after the were OOT. So this could mean that by the 2nd week of July we could have our LOA and the final part of the wait begins.
LOA also means that we can send Jack a package. We aren't sending much, a letter, dog tags with his names (chinese and english) on them, and a photo book. I can't imagine how hard the wait will become for him, once he gets a dose of reality that this is really happening. I figure by the time it actually gets to China and he sees it, he will have about 6 weeks to wait and we will be there.
It is possible for Steve and I to travel in September, but we are still short about $6500 to travel. So we have decided to push travel till October 4th (yes I am claiming that date). This I hope will give us the extra month to get our money together and have everything in place, ready to go before we leave.
The cool thing is I made a dentist appointment for October 22nd for Jack, Isaac, and I. We will be home on the 18th, so that is so going to happen. I love doing things in faith and watching them work out!

3 comments:
Great news and a very happy picture.
Are you having another $1 donation drive to help raise $$ for your travel expenses? If so, post the link and I will be happy to donate and pass along the link to others! :o) Chris M
Chris, we are! I will be posting a video my son Isaac did to help us fundraise the last little bit. It is very inspirational. Every little bit will help!
Post a Comment